Aldeer.com

Fishing Saturday

Posted By: bankhead

Fishing Saturday - 01/10/18 08:06 PM

Is anyone fishing Smith Saturday or anywhere else close by? My tournament on pickwick is cancelled and I’m still stuck with no boat thanks to blowing my Johnson.
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/10/18 08:19 PM

Wish I was. Are you rebuilding it or looking for a motor?

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/10/18 08:49 PM

I got the cylinder rebuilt but im on Dry Creek Marine’s pro team. Waiting on them to sell it for me. Then going with an 18ft crestliner
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/11/18 12:03 AM

Is that the new place on the belt line?

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/11/18 08:20 AM

Yeah they been around for awhile but just recently moved down the Beltline
Posted By: William

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/11/18 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: bankhead
blowing my Johnson.

It's everything I can do to not make jokes here. I hope someone appreciates the willpower this took...... grin
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/11/18 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: William
Originally Posted By: bankhead
blowing my Johnson.

It's everything I can do to not make jokes here. I hope someone appreciates the willpower this took...... grin

Same here if most guys could blow there Johnson they wouldn't leave the house much 😂

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/11/18 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

Same here if most guys could blow there Johnson they wouldn't leave the house much 😂

rofl

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/12/18 08:58 AM

On the bright side sold that sob yesterday lol
Posted By: CAL

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/13/18 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

rofl

^^^

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/13/18 05:53 PM

Coldest I have ever been on the water. It was the non-stop 10-15 mph winds. There was no where to hide. Didn’t get a bite. Lost 3 lures. Came home at noon. Reminder of why I hate Logan Martin.

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/13/18 06:51 PM

Never been to Logan Martin but have a club tournament down there in April.
Posted By: mackdaddy

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/13/18 07:52 PM

Caught 7 solid fish on Logan Martin best 5 was around 14-16 pounds
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/14/18 09:07 AM

Coldest I have ever been on the water. It was the non-stop 10-15 mph winds. There was no where to hide. Didn’t get a bite. Lost 3 lures. Came home at noon. Reminder of why I hate Logan Martin.

That's typical Logan. Of all the lakes I fish, Logan is the WORST for you not even having a hit, then you talk to other folks who swear they caught 50. Leaves you wondering, "what the heck?"
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/14/18 09:19 AM

How did you lose three lures William? Don't you own a plug knocker???
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/14/18 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: ikillbux

That's typical Logan. Of all the lakes I fish, Logan is the WORST for you not even having a hit, then you talk to other folks who swear they caught 50. Leaves you wondering, "what the heck?"

I don't know if I have ever been on logan and not caught a fish. It is a great fishery and you can catch them any way you want from what I have seen.

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/14/18 10:24 AM

I had the line break on me. Convinced it was because of the cold and ice in the guides.

I threw a crankbait a lot trying to cover water. It’s about all you could do with winds blowing like they were. I went down river and tried fishing main lake stuff.

I hope the forecast is right and we get 60 degrees next weekend. Rattletrap on the flats should be good.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/14/18 11:33 AM

My buddy caught this toad on Logan Martin several years ago.. No wind but it was in the teens when we launched the boat. He caught it down river above the dam a little ways.

Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Fishing Saturday - 01/14/18 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
Originally Posted By: ikillbux

I don't know if I have ever been on logan and not caught a fish. It is a great fishery and you can catch them any way you want from what I have seen.

Here's an example.... back around Christmas I had been catching fish strong for a month, all generally shallow. Shad raps, Ned rigs, jerkbaits, even had a few blow ups on top, heck several different ways. Nothing significant seemed to change, other than I went to Clear Creek instead of around the Choccolocco area. I fished from daylight till 1:00 and caught two small spots on a jerkbait. Back at the boat ramp two old men were taking out at the same time and they asked me if I caught any. I told them it was tough, caught the only two bites I had all day. They proceeded to talk for 10 minutes about catching 35 to 40 fish deep on dropshots. I questioned "how deep" and they said 30'!!!!! That's what I mean.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM