Aldeer.com

fishing lakes

Posted By: michael1034

fishing lakes - 11/06/17 08:14 PM

Im looking for any public, private pay lakes or any fishing club lakes in Alabama or Mississippi area. I have seen the ones on the net. The lakes only local fisherman know about. It can be as small as a 40 ac. lake.
Posted By: dnolen

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 01:30 AM

Haleyville city lake. No gas motors. I have caught some good fish out of it.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 11:13 AM

Madison county lake aint too bad. They stock it according to what gets caught and taken out. But i dont ever catch squat. I hear of folks doing good there but not me.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 12:55 PM

Almost all WMA's and state parks have lakes unless they are located on a major lake(Guntersville, Eufaula, Martin ect). The WMA in Clayton has a lake I have heard good things about. You might call Abercrombie's fish camp. they are a sponsor, have a cafe and motel located near there. The link below has more information about Counties with WMA lakes'

http://www.outdooralabama.com/alabama-public-fishing-lakes-pfls
Posted By: bankhead

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 04:37 PM

Lawrence County has 4 public lakes. No gas motors and one is full of spots and can be a lot of fun.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 06:14 PM

I don't fully understand your question I guess. Are you fishing from a boat or do you want one you can walk around?
Posted By: michael1034

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 09:10 PM

Yes I do have a boat. thanks guys I'll check them out. To help understand more. I see some really good youtube video's of folks fishing in Alabama in lakes but don't ever say where they at. (maybe for good reason) I'm sure some was at Donavan and Dream lake Lodge. I'm also looking for lakes that's hard to find on the net the lakes only local fisherman know about.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 09:37 PM

Ok that helped. For a "locals only" lake around these parts, check out Inland Lake just south of Oneonta. Use to be good Spotted Bass fishing.
Posted By: Reno

Re: fishing lakes - 11/07/17 09:41 PM

I fished inland lake this past weekend. It can be tough but the fish there fight harder than any other lake I've fished... The peace and quite is second to none
Posted By: abolt300

Re: fishing lakes - 11/08/17 11:12 AM

If you live in Flomaton, you need to check out Brooks Hines in Brewton. It's a state lake that gives up 10-12 trophy bass (10+ lbs) every spring like clock work. It gets a good bit of pressure because of its reputation.

If you're looking for a state lake that doesnt get that kind of pressure, I'd recommend J Emmitt Wood in Millry, AL. It was drained and restocked about 8 or 10 yrs ago. Prior to that it gave up serious studs. I had 5 one perfect spring day that went just over 50lbs (all released). It was crazy good back in the late 90's early 2000's. Havent fished it in probably 10 yrs but if it grew them back then, it will do it again. It's in the middle of nowhere so it doesnt get the pressure that Hinds does. Both lakes are between 80-100 acres and electric motor only.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM