Aldeer.com

Drop shots

Posted By: bankhead

Drop shots - 11/03/17 11:46 AM

What baits do y’all use. I’ve had the best luck with just a regular zoom trick worm nose hooked but there’s been many time I’ll feel the bite wait to see my line moving set the hook and be nothing but my hook. Ive been wanting to try so tiny flukes and see if they will work.
Posted By: William

Re: Drop shots - 11/03/17 12:02 PM

I'll be dropshotting on Logan Martin tomorrow with a 4" Berkley Powerbait Minnow. Gonna learn how to do this.
Posted By: bankhead

Re: Drop shots - 11/03/17 04:53 PM

If Logan Martin is anything like smith be prepared to catch ALOT of small fish with an occasional 15” fish or it may just be my luck
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Drop shots - 11/03/17 05:38 PM

Roboworm 4 or 6"

MMII or Morning Dawn
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Drop shots - 11/05/17 05:42 PM

Zoom Tiny Fluke, any finesse worm.

I eventually ran out, and they don't make them anymore, but I had several packs of Bass Assassin 2" Shads for years. They were absolutely perfect.

At one time this was a confidence bait for me, but I don't do as well with it as I used to. Having said that, I stuck with it a little more than usual this season and have to admit I did catch a good many. If you find a bunch of smallish spots stacked up anywhere, it's on!
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: Drop shots - 11/05/17 08:48 PM

Robo worm!
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Drop shots - 11/06/17 08:23 AM

Oh, and the 2nd biggest spot I've ever caught was on a dropshot, it weighed 5-5. And I caught about a 20+ pound flathead on it the same day.
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: Drop shots - 11/06/17 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: William
I'll be dropshotting on Logan Martin tomorrow with a 4" Berkley Powerbait Minnow. Gonna learn how to do this.

We tried to drop shot at the mouth of Clear Creek and didn't do any good on Sunday the 5th. Talked to another boat that was trolling deep cranks that had caught two. It was slow for us.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM