Posted By: AC870

Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 01:04 PM

Y’all got any?
Mine are:
Learn the shakyhead.
Learn the dropshot a little more.
Catch a mess of crappie.
Catch some rainbow trout.

2017 was going to be the year I and my fishing partners caught 1,000 Fish. I been keeping count and it’s probably not going to happen. The count is at 742 right now.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 01:11 PM

If you find some white bass schooled up you probably could hit 1,000 before December. laugh
Posted By: William

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 01:35 PM

I spent all year learning to flip the grass. Need to find a new subject. Dropshot sounds good.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: William
I spent all year learning to flip the grass. Need to find a new subject. Dropshot sounds good.

The hookset was the hardest thing for me to get used to
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 02:14 PM

Dropshot is easy. I wanna learn how to catch smallmouth in good numbers on pickwick before February lol
Posted By: Reno

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 04:48 PM

My goal is to just go fishing. Should be easier now that I bought a boat from my buddy yesterday grin
Posted By: jono23

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem
If you find some white bass schooled up you probably could hit 1,000 before December. laugh

Just go to the dam with a cotton cordell super spoon and jerk that thing up and down. He would hit the rest of that 1000 in a few hours lol
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 06:15 PM

I wanna go to Wedowee when it's stupid freezing and catch those fish 30'-50' deep on spoons. It's supposed to be like a video game.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 08:59 PM

Black spot remover shaksyhead hook, reaction innovations dirty sanches flirt(dip the tail). Go to the bluff on the left between 69 causeway and the dam after the sun goes over the bluff, set up in 40ft of water, throw at the bottom of the bluff, drag the bait slowly off the bluff. This is the best practice you can get shakeyhead fishing.

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/01/17 09:36 PM

Thanks jwalker77. Why don’t you come up sometime and go with me?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 08:07 AM

I'm gonna learn how to crappie hunt and catch light biting dock shooting crappie

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
I'm gonna learn how to crappie hunt and catch light biting dock shooting crappie

I will meet you up at waterfront one if you wanna hope in with me
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 12:35 PM

I would like to learn how to pattern fish better rather than "this time of year I used to catch bla bla bla" in this spot. Need to go with someone that aint jealous or a recluse over sharing info. Hey, I got places on Neely too............

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 02:28 PM

I ain’t never been shy. I give up all the info. Never understood why people are like that. Too many fish in the water and hot spots don’t matter when there’s 50 more just like it on the same lake

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Drake322
I would like to learn how to pattern fish better rather than "this time of year I used to catch bla bla bla" in this spot. Need to go with someone that aint jealous or a recluse over sharing info. Hey, I got places on Neely too............

Patterns are not most peoples problems. You can almost guarantee patterns if you have roughly the same conditions. Most people just lack confidence in a pattern. You do something someone tells you that works but you only do it for an hour or so in maybe 2 or 3 spots and decide to go another direction. When I have a reliable pattern, I stay with it until it works or I load the boat up. Only making slight variations to the presentation and bait selection
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpipererp
I ain’t never been shy. I give up all the info. Never understood why people are like that. Too many fish in the water and hot spots don’t matter when there’s 50 more just like it on the same lake

I may not tell you where my brushpiles are, but everybody and their dang mawmaw knows every hump, ledge, roadbed, and so forth on the lakes now. And we all have those two or three docks that (for whatever reason) are a magic milkrun! LOL
Posted By: SkipJack

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 07:02 PM

Catch a 80lb+ blue.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpipererp

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin

I will meet you up at waterfront one if you wanna hope in with me

Sounds like a plan to me.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: SkipJack
Catch a 80lb+ blue.
me and you both brother but it will have to wait Feb 11th.

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/02/17 11:22 PM

Catch a 80lb+ blue.

Meh. Been there. Done that.

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 05:55 AM

no pics no proof

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 06:58 AM

I was hoping you’d say that...

I didn’t do much but fight the Fish. I have a friend who is a Catfish Expert. He let me tag along and caught it on my birthday, Dec. 4, a couple years back. The scales gave us trouble. We couldn’t lift it high enough. Scale hit 76 lbs but the tail was still on floor of boat. I’ve always just said 80. This doesn’t mean I’m a good cat fisherman, just that I know good folks.

He and I smiled for the camera, we put him back in water and away he swam.

Oh, and I weigh 270-ish to put the pic in scale.

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 07:07 AM

heck yeah thats a man ! guntersville?

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 07:27 AM

I remember when you caught that

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 07:31 AM

Guntersville.
My friend has electronics down to a science. The river was rolling. There was a hump. “Look,” he said. “There are 3 big catfish behind the hump.” We threw out and hooked up in 20-30 minutes. We also caught a 20 lber and a 7 lber.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 08:32 AM

Catch a 80lb+ blue.

This. I'm getting sick from all the pics I see from my buddies back in Texas. The Big Blue Season is about to start.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 09:09 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but a really big blue is on my bucket list. I caught a flathead that weighted 40 lbs on the nose, but have never tied into a big blue. I let the 40 go but wish I would have kept it to put on the wall. I'd like a 40+ flattie and a 60+ blue for the wall.

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 10:10 AM

I’ve caught a really good blue on a trot line on Lay before. We used to run them in the stick ups in Shelby shores. He had to be 45 or so.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 10:35 AM

My goal is to kill a 130-140" buck early this year and take the pressure off so that I can start looking for 10+ bed fish mid-January, early Feb when we get those first 3-4 high 70 days. Biggest females are always the first to move up. I always feel obligated to hunt if the season is open and the rut is going on, if I havent already killed a good one.
Posted By: SkipJack

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870
Catch a 80lb+ blue.

Meh. Been there. Done that.

Try doing that without your buddy and his $40K catfish rig rofl

But seriously PM me the numbers, pretty sure I know the spot but just incase I don't cool

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/03/17 10:31 PM

You’re dead right.
Couldn’t have done it without my buddy. Would never have been on my radar without my buddy.

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/04/17 03:00 PM

That whole river system is a catfish gold mine! I'd hope to plan a charter with Phil king or ole Jeff bridge's and just learn. I'd more less just pick their brain for a day or 2. with all the attention wheeler is getting from the pro catfishing world I really believe the new world record blue will be caught there in the next few years.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Winter Fishing Goals - 11/05/17 06:01 AM

A limit of grouper within sight of the shore.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM