Aldeer.com

Fluke Color

Posted By: AC870

Fluke Color - 09/14/17 07:22 PM

Going to throw a fluke some on spinning gear this fall. Stopped by the bait store and three colors appealed to me: smoky shad, albino and white pearl. What color y'all like?
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 07:29 PM

Albino. I also keep a couple of packs of pink ones, but they are "mostly" for taking to Florida for specks.
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 07:57 PM

Watermelon seed and watermelon seed with red flake. Pretty much only color I use. I always keep one rod rigged up with it.
Posted By: Waldo

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 08:17 PM

White ice

Blue glimmer
Posted By: Reno

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 08:45 PM

I like white ice and Smokey shad
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 08:52 PM

White pearl and baby bass
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 10:18 PM

The inshore species like the baby bass
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 10:57 PM

White with a chartreuse tail, you can thank me later. I caught ten on it this evening
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
White with a chartreuse tail, you can thank me later. I caught ten on it this evening
this

Re: Fluke Color - 09/14/17 11:29 PM

Y'all fish regular fluke or super fluke?
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 07:25 AM

Super
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 11:36 AM

WHITE ICE, SMOKIN SHAD
Posted By: biglmbass

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 11:49 AM

Glimmer blue or white.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 01:41 PM

Super fluke in glimmer blue, white ice, albino shad, and arkansas shiner. Only colors you need.

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: abolt300
Super fluke in glimmer blue, white ice, albino shad, and arkansas shiner. Only colors you need.

Well. You left out baby bass and white pearl wink

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 04:10 PM

I bought the dang regular size. Realized it was wrong when I started hooking one up. Oh well. One more reason to go back to the bait shop ...
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 04:15 PM

Is there anything else in the world worse to fish with than a fluke?

Honestly, poking my eyeballs out and having someone kick me in the face sounds like more fun to me.

I have exactly one color fluke in my house...pink...and that's because my daughter wanted a "bait like the boys'" so I picked them up at Academy one day for her to play with. I hope y'all catch all the fish in the world on them, and I mean that, but you WILL NOT find one tied on any of my rods.

If I was going to throw one, it would be baby bass or watermelon with red flake. wink
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 04:17 PM

I love fishing flukes and trick worms. When all else fails I'll tie one on. I like baby bass and Arkansas shiner for flukes but I think they would bite just about any color.

Forgot to add that I use the Super flukes. I've rigged them with the hook just barely coming through the back, and also the reverse where the two flaps cover the hook and have not noticed a difference. I usually only get about 1-3 fish per plastic though, they can tear them up.

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 04:25 PM

I have a couple pink ones. They were white but I laid them in a compartment with a red worm. Now they're pink.
Posted By: biglmbass

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: 3FFarms

Honestly, poking my eyeballs out and having someone kick me in the face sounds like more fun to me.

Well there's a Carolina rig. whistle

A fluke may not be the first thing I throw but it's produced fairly well when I've used it. Were it not so, you'd not find them in my kit

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 04:57 PM

Y'all have to excuse 3F, that corn dog misses fishing the marsh in south Louisiana and has a bias against tried and true bass baits grin
Posted By: Clem

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 09:49 PM

I'd rather be kicked in the 'nads than throw a Carolina rig, but I know it works.

When the fluke bite is good it's fun as long as they're taking it and not just bumping-killing it but not eating.

Albino, pearl, glimmer green, baby bass, something along those lines. Whatever's handy on the peg. Prefer the Strike King Caffeine Shad but Zoom or Yum work just as fine.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Fluke Color - 09/15/17 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: biglmbass
Originally Posted By: 3FFarms

Well there's a Carolina rig. whistle

Originally Posted By: Clem
I'd rather be kicked in the 'nads than throw a Carolina rig, but I know it works.

Funny how it's different strokes for different folks. I love to throw the C-rig, especially on a good school of spots. I don't know when my hatred for the fluke started, but it probably was about the time I had gotten 15 bites and had a 0% hook up ratio. laugh
Posted By: .308

Re: Fluke Color - 09/16/17 03:45 AM

Same deal 3F, my son can drag bass in the boat with a fluke like catching bream on crickets & I struggle with a hookset. I prefer a senko or yum dinger.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Fluke Color - 09/16/17 08:36 AM

I only fish flukes for Spots. Then I double fluke. Pearl or blueglimmer.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Fluke Color - 09/16/17 12:02 PM

Berkley Jerk Shad in pearl watermelon shad is my favorite on a Gama 4/0 Superline EWG hook. If I want it to sink a bit faster; I use the 1/16oz belly weighted version.
Caught a LOT of fish on that rig
© 2024 ALDEER.COM