Aldeer.com

Protecting boat cover from trolling motor

Posted By: GomerPyle

Protecting boat cover from trolling motor - 09/10/17 08:57 PM

I have a cheap ($40ish) boat cover from Academy. It isn't great but it's kept my boat dry. Unfortunately it has gotten brittle and starting to tear, particularly around the trolling motor where sharp points are poking through. I've patched a few times with duct tape but gonna have to get another cover soon.

Those of you with boat covers, how do you keep the trolling motor prop or skeg from tearing the cover?
Posted By: JEM270

Re: Protecting boat cover from trolling motor - 09/10/17 09:48 PM

I wrap an old hand towel around it and secure it with a long piece of twist tie wire.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Protecting boat cover from trolling motor - 09/10/17 10:34 PM

I place a bath mat over the trolling motor prop
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Protecting boat cover from trolling motor - 09/11/17 12:46 AM

I put a plastic bucket just big enough (bout a 3 gallon I reckon) over the foot of the TM and a bungee to hold it in place then cover the boat. I cut a slot in the side of the bucket for it to go all the way on to where it bottomed out.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Protecting boat cover from trolling motor - 09/11/17 06:42 PM

I got my boat covers made at an awning shop. He sewed vinyl on the inside where there was anything Sharpe or where it would get excessive wear.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Protecting boat cover from trolling motor - 09/11/17 10:11 PM

Walmart has their large pool noodles on sale now. Those things are about as useful as duct tape. Slit and cover, problem solved.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM