Aldeer.com

Helix Mega images. Look right?

Posted By: FurFlyin

Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/04/17 08:14 PM

I installed my Helix 9 today. I temporarily installed the transducer. Do any of you Humminbird pros see anything in the images to indicate any interference or anything else to indicate that I need to move the transducer before permanently installing it? I think they look okay, but I have about 30 minutes experience with one of these units, AND I haven't watched the users DVD yet. So blind hog, acorn principle applies here.

Posted By: Ben2

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/04/17 08:57 PM

Looks good. The sensitivity is too high imo. The whites are too bright to me

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/04/17 09:01 PM

Thanks. I couldn't see anything that told me it wasn't right, but I know some of you guys have them and would know more than me. I did adjust the sensitivity. I don't remember how I got to that screen, but I did. Are there any settings you'd suggest changing from factory default?

EDIT: Also, is that rise in the elevation of the bottom (hump starting) on the right in that first picture?

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/04/17 10:05 PM

The first pic looks like a hard surface bank or drop to a flat section to me. Idle by a seawall, rip rap, grass point to see the difference. Supposedly the factory settings are what HB recommends that bottom pic must be metal to show that bright, you won't find that much metal so it may not matter. I would turn the so sensitivity down 1 or 2 notches from where you have it currently

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/04/17 10:06 PM

Text me 2055669691 and I will send you some of my pics and settings I can't post pics anymore since photobucket quit

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/05/17 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
Text me 2055669691 and I will send you some of my pics and settings I can't post pics anymore since photobucket quit

Thanks, headed your way.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/05/17 09:17 AM

Post a pic of the transducer when/where you permanently mount it, please.

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/05/17 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasNative
Post a pic of the transducer when/where you permanently mount it, please.

Will do. I was not able to find anything online about mounting to a riveted Bass Tracker. Only that the rivets interfered with the image.

I took the spedo sensor off and mounted it above where it was.

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/05/17 03:54 PM

I have an older model 798c. I'm planning on an upgrade next year. I just need you to do all the leg work for me on transducer location. laugh

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/05/17 04:51 PM

Leg work is done! You got a bass tracker?
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/05/17 05:01 PM

Ya'll post up some more images from SI and DI. I have an 1199, just don't have much time to use it and learn it. Post pics with identifying information as to what we're looking at...maybe I'll have enough info stored in my noggin when I do get to turn it on that I'll at least be able to find my a$$ if I use both hands! laugh

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/05/17 08:55 PM

If anyone wants to use it, I'll ship you the plate I temporarily mounted my transducer on, so you can temp mount it on your boat. I figure it would just work with flat transom aluminum boats. I used a Vice-C clamp and one self tapping screw to hold it in place.

I'll post some pictures later of how I mounted it.

I'll send it to whoever, if they'll send it to the next person who wants to use it, etc...

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/06/17 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Leg work is done! You got a bass tracker?

Wellcraft Center console. I'm interested where you mounted the transducer in relation to the lower unit. MY 789c has side scan, but the side (port) that points towards the lower unit has much less definition. Starboard side and down scan images are decent. But not as good as your images.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/06/17 12:53 PM

Looks like you've got the sharpness on it. I turn mine off

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/06/17 04:18 PM

TN, I'll post pics of where my transducer is located. It's a good bit higher than center of the prop.
Posted By: johndeere5045

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/07/17 01:30 PM

The guys on bass boat central and crappie.com is awesome at helping with this stuff. Alot of the guys on crappie.com has aluminum boats and have worked all the bugs out.

Re: Helix Mega images. Look right? - 09/09/17 09:29 PM

I apparently ain't a high enough roller to get on bass boat central. I've tried to get a password twice and failed. I've been posting several questions on crappie.com
© 2024 ALDEER.COM