Aldeer.com

Lake guntersville

Posted By: rolltidehunter

Lake guntersville - 08/30/17 07:00 PM

Guntersville has been kicking my butt the last two times out. I am carrying my wife and son out Monday and was wondering if somebody can steer me in right direction. I am not asking for secret spots just want to put them on a few bass and they don't have to be big ones. I will take dinks.Thanks in advance.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Lake guntersville - 08/30/17 07:56 PM

Throw a Senko or trick worm in the edge of the weeds or around boat docks. It'll probably be dinks but you should get some bites.
Posted By: icducks

Re: Lake guntersville - 08/30/17 08:29 PM

Been seeing some schoolers around. If you see some and they go down then troll up in the grass around them to scare out the bait fish and get em fired up again.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Lake guntersville - 09/01/17 08:44 AM

1/4oz rattle trap or red eye shad in a metallic gold color. For numbers only really. I like to throw them around grass edge and channels that cut through the grass. I say use a 1/4oz because most can throw them and rip them out of grass with ease. If you have deeper grass bump up to a 1/2oz. I've caught 30-40 dinks in a day with this and big girls will eat it too. Try to use moving baits for now. If the sun gets high and bite gets slow, grab a 1/4oz tungsten Texas rig and put a baby brush hog, senko, or rage craw and work it around grass and laydowns. I would definitely not rule out a buzzbait if you get in the backs of sloughs and creeks and fine some cover to run it over.
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: Lake guntersville - 09/01/17 11:44 AM

Thanks for info.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM