Aldeer.com

New Boat

Posted By: Forrestgump1

New Boat - 08/30/17 04:34 PM

I'm in the market for a new used bass boat. Emphasis on used. Cant make a mortgage payment on one right now but would love to get into something nice. Looking for recommendations. Anybody have any experience with triton or skeeter?
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: New Boat - 08/31/17 08:26 AM

I dont but good luck on your purchase. I have a ragged ole Champion.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: New Boat - 08/31/17 09:47 AM

Dad's had 2 Skeeters (saltwater version) and I've fished out of numerous others in both fresh and saltwater.

Quality boat. No detail left unattended. When the time comes, Skeeter will be at the top of my shopping list.

Of course, the name Triton speaks for itself.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either; however, I'd be more interested in what's hanging off the back of the boat.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: New Boat - 08/31/17 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaneomac2
I have a ragged ole Champion.

Champion made a fine boat. thumbup
Posted By: Rondel

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 03:14 AM

Triton normally has a mercury 4stroke while Skeeter is powered by a Yamaha.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 05:57 AM

I wouldn't have a chine walker like Triton. Too many good options to buy a Triton. Plus Yammys are the best on the market IMO.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 06:11 AM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
I wouldn't have a chine walker like Triton. Too many good options to buy a Triton. Plus Yammys are the best on the market IMO.

The old Tritons were indeed like a Zara spooks.
I have one in my garage that will run 74 and walks less than my ranger did.

I would not take 2 Yammys for either of my last Pro xs's. They have been the best motors I have ever had, bulletproof like.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 06:26 AM

They all chine walk if you run the trim out enough. I have had 3 Triton's with Pro XS motors. They have all been fine rigs
Posted By: skintback

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 08:06 AM

That's because your old @$$ can't drive it! rofl
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 11:32 AM

No I don't want a boat I have to keep a death grip on the wheel. A skeeter or Stratos is not like that. If you want to fight a boat that's fine! You want a fat lip too??? grin
I haven't driven a new model Ben. It sounds like you know what I mean about the older models.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 04:06 PM

No I don't want a boat I have to keep a death grip on the wheel. A skeeter or Stratos is not like that. If you want to fight a boat that's fine! You want a fat lip too??? grin
I haven't driven a new model Ben. It sounds like you know what I mean about the older models.

Worst walking boat I ever road was a 21 I class skeeter at 72-74 you felt like you were on a bull. My ranger walked bad as well until I adjusted the jack plate. This Triton is the best riding/driest boat I have had. The extra $7000 Triton Gold per tournament is awesome too!
Posted By: abolt300

Re: New Boat - 09/05/17 04:26 PM

Not sure about the older models but any of the Tritons that are 10 yrs old or newer are good driving boats. Cousin has a TR-21 with a 250 XS and in all seriousness, if you cant drive that boat with minimal/virtually no effort, you have no clue what you are doing and dont belong behind the wheel of a HP bassboat.
Posted By: Waldo

Re: New Boat - 09/06/17 07:04 PM

I have road in some good tritons and some bad ones.

Sometimes it just depends on who is driving.

The worst I rode in was a basscat. It was a nice boat but it was rough that day and we went everywhere WFO.

The o'crap handle couldn't be reached by an orangutan.
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: New Boat - 09/06/17 10:58 PM

Blanket statements like "tritons ride great" or " skeeters ride tough" are rediculous. Hulls change with different years and models. Most bass boats will walk if setup correctly. The more efficient the boat is the more it will walk. Pulling my boat down Chilton county roads requires more steering input than driving my Tr20X.
Ive had both triton and skeeter and fished from countless others. Great boats, but not all skeeters are the same and not all tritons are the same.
Do you fish solo mostly? What size boat do you want? How far do you plan on running?
Posted By: Geno

Re: New Boat - 09/06/17 11:07 PM

Ya'll drive too fast.
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: New Boat - 09/06/17 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Geno
Ya'll drive too fast.

Says the guy with a Ducati?? rofl
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: New Boat - 09/06/17 11:49 PM

Mostly solo, and i was looking in the 18 to 21 ft range. I may run up a few miles here and there, but i dont do any runs over 15 to 20 min. I like mercury engines but im really looking for something with a yamaha - every one i know swears by them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM