Aldeer.com

Quicksilver vs Penzoil

Posted By: FurFlyin

Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/16/17 09:00 PM

I've used Quicksilver in my previous two boats. Went to Wally World to get some this evening and noticed that Penzoil had a 2 cycle oil next to the Quicksilver. Quicksilver was $29 a gallon and Penzoil was $19.

I'm sure the overwhelming response will be in favor of using Quicksilver but does anyone have any actual bad experiece with using Penzoil 2 cycle oil?
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/16/17 09:11 PM

Pennzoil is good oil. Unless your engine is still under warranty, there is no reason to not go with the Pennzoil over the Merc/QS.
Posted By: blade

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/16/17 09:11 PM

Was it the penzoil synthetic?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/16/17 09:12 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the synthetic blend, not full synthetic.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/16/17 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: blade
Was it the penzoil synthetic?

I'm sure it was the "premium plus" synthetic blend at that price.

Pennzoil's full synthetic runs at least twice that price. Never seen it at Walmart, either.
Posted By: blade

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/16/17 09:43 PM

Yeah, your right, would be the blend at that price.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/16/17 11:58 PM

I look at it like this. Does Mercury have an oil company? No, But Pennzoil does. I've used Pennzoil from Walmart over 20 years and never had any problems due to oil.
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/17/17 12:54 AM

Only issue I've seen is on oil injection. If you mix the oil it can gel. I learned this the hard way. It didn't hurt the engine but it stopped the filter up on the oil tanks and it was a mess to get out. But I run quicksilver. If you mix it your self it won't matter. But what ever you run make sure it has a tcw-3 on it.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/17/17 09:18 AM

I have a 96 Johnson, 130hp. It has never had anything but Pennzoil run through it.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/17/17 09:20 AM

i run amsoil now but use to run Quicksilver
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Quicksilver vs Penzoil - 08/17/17 10:30 AM

I only run Quicksilver and have no knowledge of the difference between the two. With that being said, this is one of the few products that is and has always been MORE expensive at Walmart. Not sure if you have other options, but Academy has always been at least $7 cheaper down here.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM