Aldeer.com

Jiggerpoling

Posted By: 3FFarms

Jiggerpoling - 06/23/17 11:23 PM

Got on a kick of watching some of Archie Phillips' videos and ran across this one again. I think that has to be one of the most exciting ways to catch a bass there is. Anyone ever done it and had success?
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 01:33 AM

I've done it with a 15ft crappie pole and a prop bait. Got bored one day and decided to put it on since I already had it out on another rod. Had one blow up but no hook up. Probably was not doing it right at the time.
Posted By: famousamos

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 09:54 AM

Use to do it on warrior river you can catch some nice ones doing it best time is after spawn when bass moves into grass
Posted By: AC870

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 11:47 AM

What baits work best? I've heard of this and want to do it sometime.
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 12:09 PM

You got me watching archie. There was one where he was deer hunting and a guy was rattling in deer. Good stuff.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 12:50 PM

It's done with a lot of lures. Even home make. You leave the lure in place a long time and make a lot of disturbance on the surface. The lures are usually large. The rod tip is used to splash the water, more so than the lure . It's all about keeping the lure in the area a longer time than a cast and retrieve lure. The pole should also be heavier than a crappie pole. The crappie pole company also makes jigger poles. It works best around weed beds and cypress trees.

Archie in Demopolis

cypress tree

Hit me with your best shot

Posted By: Reaper

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 01:33 PM

Looks like fun.
Posted By: oldforester

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 02:19 PM

We use a B n M Ray Scott jigger pole with an old jointed Creek Chub Pikie lure. Loads of fun when they are blowing up on it.
Posted By: Razorsharp123

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/24/17 07:28 PM

That video on Demopolis makes it look like a blast. When he hooked into that first real good sized fish he had a fight on his hands.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/29/17 12:07 AM

I'll tell Archie, he will get a big kick out of it.
Posted By: Rip50

Re: Jiggerpoling - 06/29/17 04:30 AM

I watched my grandfather and my uncle do this when I was a kid. They used can poles and jitter bugs for bait . We had a lot up at Leesburg . I don't remember them slapping the tip in the water like that.But I was young and they did put a hurting on some big Bass back in the day. It wasn't catch and release. Lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM