Aldeer.com

Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/18/17 08:34 AM

Anybody else bought & used these for a while? Curious about your thoughts & reviews of them... For $19.99, I went ahead & picked one up last nite (mostly as a back-up pole)... They won't win any beauty contests nor are they the lightest, but they seem pretty good... I fish a lot of places (rivers & creeks) where I don't want to take my nicer stuff...
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/18/17 09:47 AM

I don't have any experience with them, but Gander Mountain had some cheap store-brand rods. Vector? Vortex? Something starting with a V. Anyway, $20 regular price, I picked up a couple on sale for $15. Same quality. Not great, but it's hard to go wrong spending $15.

Re: Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/18/17 11:20 AM

Ya exactly
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/18/17 09:39 PM

i cant use that cheap crap id rather stay at home. i just take the good stuff where ever and if it breaks they all have warranties

Re: Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/19/17 09:12 AM

Tell us how you really feel! LOL
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/19/17 10:41 AM

Anything that gets you out there is good. I personally use dobyns rods because they have perfected the backbone/tip marriage but I can't recommend a $250 rod to anyone because there's very few willing to pay that. If you are an online shopper, I would suggest getting on a few national sites and looking for clearance rods. I've seen some great deals on rods that are %60-70 off. Just make sure whatever you buy, you understand the power and action of the rod. You aren't out but $20 on that deal so if it's not your favorite rod you haven't lost much

Re: Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/19/17 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpipererp
Just make sure whatever you buy, you understand the power and action of the rod.

^^^ I agree with that BUT it's not an "uniform" measurement... I have a BPS Brawler M & an Ugly Stik M & they're two totally different ballgames...
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Academy Tournament Choice Roughneck Rods - 05/19/17 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BamaGuitarDude
Originally Posted By: Jpipererp
Just make sure whatever you buy, you understand the power and action of the rod.

^^^ I agree with that BUT it's not an "uniform" measurement... I have a BPS Brawler M & an Ugly Stik M & they're two totally different ballgames...

they could be medium moderate,moderate fast,fast, extra fast etc
© 2024 ALDEER.COM