Aldeer.com

Neely Henry this week?

Posted By: Drake322

Neely Henry this week? - 05/11/17 07:59 AM

Anyone been out practicing for the ABT? How they biting?
Posted By: William

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/11/17 04:45 PM

Plan on going Saturday again. I fished last Saturday in the hurricane winds. I fished all new areas looking for good grass. Might have had about 10 lbs flipping.

I plan on fishing the lower end Saturday looking for some grass and trying some offshore stuff.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/12/17 09:03 AM

Well, I got one bite yesterday, ONE. I gotta do something different. Did not even get a blow up on a frog after 6 either. WTH?

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/12/17 10:50 AM

Looks like water levels are stable. They should be pulling current Saturday with the rain we will have today.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/13/17 10:16 PM

I didn't fish the ABT but shocked at how low the weights were. Maybe Jpiperep can give us the run down.I think he said he was fishing it.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/14/17 07:23 AM

202 boats prefishing all week can knock the weights down a bit

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/14/17 08:24 AM

Fish are so screwed up right now. I saw fry all in the weeds. Still scratching my head for a good fish.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/14/17 08:26 AM

Sorry I don't get on here as much as I used to. The bite was great yesterday but the big girls were pretty hard to find. Really hard if your partner doesn't wanna swim a jig or pitch to cover. I managed to catch about 50 fish almost all on a crankbait. Biggest was a 3.5lb spot out on the ledge. Her tail was dripping blood. Go figure. All but 3 fish were under the 12" limit. Had just over 6lbs. If we would have gone to cover after shad spaw we could have come out with 10-12lbs and a check. Oh well

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/14/17 10:02 AM

Saw where a guy got thrown out of a boat on blast off and hurt pretty bad. In hospital for week is what ABT reported on Facebook. Kudos to the two anglers that first stopped to help and call 911. Some kind of bad cut.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/14/17 12:03 PM

Chickened out and went to Lay to avoid the traffic. There were 100+ boats at Beeswax..... lol

It only took 15 to win there too. I fished from 7-1 looking for new stuff and didn't get a damn bite.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/15/17 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Drake322
Saw where a guy got thrown out of a boat on blast off and hurt pretty bad. In hospital for week is what ABT reported on Facebook. Kudos to the two anglers that first stopped to help and call 911. Some kind of bad cut.

Yeah we must have been in a flight before him. We didn't find out until we got back to weigh in

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 09:06 AM

Anyone got any info? Got a tourney there 5/27 and 6/17. I'll be on the lower end Saturday looking for some grass to flip and some offshore stuff. Need to see if these Helix 9's can improve my offshore game.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 09:39 AM

None yet in my area. But, lower end did produce some spots early in week for a friend. 2-3# at the most, pulling water.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 11:45 AM

Most big fish in abt came from buzzbait, spinnerbaits, and swimjigs. I caught a big spot off the ledge just past canoe creek where the two islands are on left headed down stream. Doubt shad will still be spawning but grass and docks would be a good go to. I caught all my fish on a fluke, coffin bill 8ft diver and a spro little John in citrus shad.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 12:31 PM

This lake has been pounded the last two weeks.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: William
This lake has been pounded the last two weeks.

YES.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 04:07 PM

Yep
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 04:13 PM

I've got a place on palmetto creek off of canoe creek and I thought about setting up a snack stand on the dock. The last 2 weekends it's been a train of boats pitching the dock and weeds. I picked up a decent one fishing a Shad under a bobber trying to catch a big catfish.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 04:15 PM

I need to learn to bass fish that lake since we have a place. I have a center console I use for redfishing, just never taken the time to learn fishing the lake. I usually just pull the kids around on a tube. I hope they open the canoe creek ramp back up soon.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 04:37 PM

Neely is one of my favorite Coosa lakes. In the past, it has always gotten better as it got hotter. I've never seen it get as much pressure as it has these last couple of weeks though. I'm trying to learn some new stuff. I've spent way too much time on the section from City Launch to 77 Bridge.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 04:56 PM

Me and you both William. I have beat between City Docks to Rainbow Landing to death. I need to change things up. Also I heard the Fri night tournament is starting back so that's pretty much a tournament 5 out 7 days every week.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/19/17 05:29 PM

Got some guys in my club from Asheville area that win that night tournament fairly regular. They will be tough to beat.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/20/17 07:40 AM

Yes we started back the big fish on Friday night out of Rainbow landing. 6-9. Brandon Freeman is running it and asked me to help so I am when I can. Had a decent first night turn out. $100 for first with a 2.57. THAT is how hard the fishing is right now. Should have been some in the 4# range in there.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/20/17 08:53 AM

What's entry fee in that tourney?
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/20/17 03:02 PM

I fished Logan the same Saturday as the ABT and caught several "good" largemouth in extremely shallow water, none of which looked at all like they had bedded. Would not chase anything moving, but would eat a Carolina rig...never felt the bite, just would be mushy the next time you pulled it.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/20/17 10:02 PM

Caught swim jig fish on the lower end today before the thunderstorms. I couldn't get a bite flipping. Best fish was 3+. Might have had around 10 lbs.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/21/17 08:57 AM

Entry fee is $11/person.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/22/17 08:06 AM

It took 11 pounds to crack the top 10 of the FOM tourney this weekend with 15 winning. The lake is fishing tough right now. Not sure what I'm gonna do this weekend. I can't seem to crack 10 pounds.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/22/17 02:07 PM

Get out deep to find your kicker. A few really good creek bends and funnels on the lower end to find a hoss. We had a few really good fish in practice down there and a 3.5-4lber durning tourney.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/22/17 04:12 PM

I tried some rock piles in deeper water with no luck. I'm still learning my electronics and Neely Henry in general. Probably didn't give the deep stuff enough time.

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/22/17 04:38 PM

Yeah. Usually takes a good bit of time behind the steering wheel. I can think of three places off the top of my head that would be a good place to start

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/23/17 08:57 AM

We are putting in at 77 bridge. I got some stuff to start on there. After that.....

Re: Neely Henry this week? - 05/27/17 08:06 PM

17 won our club tourney. Guy claimed to be flipping. Second had 12 and was on a rock pattern that involved spinnerbait/buzzbait. I had 10 even and caught all mine swimming a jig.

The three of us caught the crap out of fish. I culled a bunch and caught a bunch that would cull. Same as the other top guys. They really bit today.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM