Originally Posted By: Shaneomac2
DEpends on which end your fishing

Leaving from Gadsden launch. Flexible!
Posted By: mackdaddy

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/17/17 08:17 PM

You fishing bass nation there Saturday
Posted By: skintback

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/17/17 09:03 PM

Yeah, haven't been up there in several years. Trying to see what the water looks like with recent rains, Shad spawn etc. Trying to put together our practice plan.
Posted By: bloodtrail

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/17/17 09:08 PM

Shad were spawning a couple dams down stream last week. Fun times!!
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/17/17 11:26 PM

How many boats are entered skinkback
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/18/17 05:43 AM

Holy crap. I WAS going to try and fish some this week but that tells me why launch by the house was nearly full yesterday morning.
Posted By: William

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/18/17 07:39 AM

Fished there Saturday. The water is coming up. It rose 4" from Friday to Sunday. There are a lot of floaters out there with the water rising. Be careful.

I didn't see a shad spawn, but we caught some good fish early in the grass on toads. I'd come back and flip those areas in a tournament.

We spent the rest of the day flipping. We would have had a great day if we could have put all the fish in the boat. Missed some good ones.

Water temps from 68-72.

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/18/17 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: desertdog
How many boats are entered skinkback

230 boats
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/18/17 12:09 PM

SORRY i normally fish the ragland side but a white swim jig should work
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/18/17 12:21 PM

I would have a 1/2oz rattle trap on something to launch at schoolers and run around grass edges for practice. If you can find shad spawn, a fluke would be good. If it were me, no practice, and no history with lake I would snell knot flipping hook with a 1/2oz pegged tungsten flipping weight and put a sprayed grass sweet beaver on it. I would run the trolling motor dead hitting grass and brush.
Posted By: bassbug

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/18/17 07:44 PM

pm sent
Posted By: Rip50

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/19/17 12:21 AM

What day you coming to practice?

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/19/17 05:31 AM

I am going today for a while and I will post results.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/19/17 02:17 PM

Most of the points in the curves go pretty far out and have submerged grass on them. Throw from one side of the point to the other and work it back over the hump.

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/19/17 04:02 PM

I'll be there Saturday too I think. I'll try to stay out of yall's way.

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/21/17 05:40 AM

Report.................. It suxed for me. I got three bites in about hours of fishing. I am lost and have been for the past two weeks. I guess that is the down fall of it being your home lake.

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/21/17 07:54 AM

Buddy of mine fished yesterday. They caught a bunch of fish, but didn't have more than 10 pounds. They stayed offshore mostly and on the lower end.

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/21/17 08:46 AM

Got dialed in this early AM. Grass, hot feet...............

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/25/17 09:48 AM

Thanks for the input guys. all of our teams found good quality fish in practice, but saturday that bite was gone. our 2 best finishers had little over 9lbs each from between the bridges fishing for spots. The LM just didn't cooperate on Saturday. Almost 16 won, team was from Pell City.
Posted By: slgunnel

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 04/28/17 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: skintback
Thanks for the input guys. all of our teams found good quality fish in practice, but saturday that bite was gone. our 2 best finishers had little over 9lbs each from between the bridges fishing for spots. The LM just didn't cooperate on Saturday. Almost 16 won, team was from Pell City.

That was my son and his fishing partner that won. We fished grass early and caught a good large (3.9 I think), but the rest came from catching spots between the bridges. I'm sure we saw each other if you were fishing there as well.

Re: Who's the Neely Henry gurus! - 05/08/17 11:17 AM

good deal. Our teams that had the 9+lbs stayed between the bridges all day. the others went to the grass early, as we had found some good quality in practice, but late boat numbers killed that.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM