Aldeer.com

Logan martin info

Posted By: Beadlescomb

Logan martin info - 04/13/17 05:48 PM

Me and dad are headed to logan martin tomorrow to bass fish and shoot a few docks. I know its mostly a spot lake anything in particular i need to know?
Posted By: Deadwood

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 06:56 PM

Generally, it's Spots mainly ABOVE Stemley Bridge, and LMs below. That's a loose rule, but that's what it was when I lived on LM.
Posted By: Deadwood

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 07:03 PM

I don't know what the water temp is up there, but don't limit yourself to shallow dock fishing. You can do well jigging deep in the old channels and creeks that are submerged. There's a lot of buried structure in that lake, especially the lower end. It would help if you have a map card on your GPS/sounder.

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Deadwood
I don't know what the water temp is up there, but don't limit yourself to shallow dock fishing. You can do well jigging deep in the old channels and creeks that are submerged. There's a lot of buried structure in that lake, especially the lower end. It would help if you have a map card on your GPS/sounder.

Got the lakemaster or whatever its called. Where should we put in? Riverside?
Posted By: 20XD

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 09:08 PM

Spots are biting good on the main river. Caught a boat load Wednesday with several over 3 lbs. More of a soft plastic bite for me now than anything else. Fished from Choccolocco up.
Posted By: icducks

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 09:18 PM

We caught a bunch Saturday on spinnerbaits and plastics. Only thing we could get em to bite
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 09:21 PM

Generally, it's Spots mainly ABOVE Stemley Bridge, and LMs below. That's a loose rule, but that's what it was when I lived on LM.

This except reverse what he said Heads up the river spots down in the clearer water. Should be easy to catch a pile of fish up shallow right now

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 09:29 PM

Now im torn on whether to go to the alabama river or logan martin
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Logan martin info - 04/13/17 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
Now im torn on whether to go to the alabama river or logan martin

Logan is the funnest lake in the state for numbers of fish in my opinion. Take a squarebill or buzzbait or plopper and go catch a few dozen fish
Posted By: William

Re: Logan martin info - 04/14/17 08:50 AM

Quote:
Logan is the funnest lake in the state for numbers of fish in my opinion.

Yep.

Logan is a good numbers lake.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Logan martin info - 04/14/17 09:30 AM

My buddy been catching crappie on deep water docks. Fish holding around 9'-12' deep. We wore the bass out the other weekend, mostly on soft plastics... we usually fish from lakeside landing down towards the dam.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Logan martin info - 04/14/17 09:58 AM

Where did you live on LM? My grandparents lived there from about 1984-2000.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Logan martin info - 04/14/17 09:21 PM

A buddy went up there today and said they caught quite a few on humps with a shakey
© 2024 ALDEER.COM