Aldeer.com

Gorgas steam plant fishing

Posted By: Beadlescomb

Gorgas steam plant fishing - 01/20/17 11:40 AM

Thinking about heading up there saturday to try to catch a few stripe and spots. Anything i need to know? How close can you get to the discharge?
Posted By: riverrat

Re: Gorgas steam plant fishing - 01/20/17 11:53 AM

Use to go all the way in but now they have the gates closed 2/3 the ways up the discharge. There has been a lot of barge traffic on the main river. Fishing has been ok there but better further down river.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Gorgas steam plant fishing - 01/20/17 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: riverrat
Use to go all the way in but now they have the gates closed 2/3 the ways up the discharge. There has been a lot of barge traffic on the main river. Fishing has been ok there but better further down river.

We were planning on going somewhere below a damn steam plant etc and just fishing for whatever hits. Weve been catching them good around demop just wanting to look at some new scenery and never been to gorgas
Posted By: William

Re: Gorgas steam plant fishing - 01/20/17 02:54 PM

I put that big black water line going across the bridge right there by the river. I brought my ultralite one day and smoked a ton of little strippers that were caught in the intake. It's a small area you can't fish from the water. Isn't the state record stripe from there?
Posted By: jhogeland

Re: Gorgas steam plant fishing - 01/20/17 04:23 PM

It's the World Record Striper.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Gorgas steam plant fishing - 01/21/17 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: William
I brought my ultralite one day and smoked a ton of little strippers that were caught in the intake.

I wanna smoke a ton of little strippers, too! Asian, maybe?
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Gorgas steam plant fishing - 01/22/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: DEADorALIVE
Originally Posted By: William
I brought my ultralite one day and smoked a ton of little strippers that were caught in the intake.

I wanna smoke a ton of little strippers, too! Asian, maybe?

lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM