Aldeer.com

Yikes Boat Wreck

Posted By: IDOT

Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 03:48 PM

Ya'll seen this? Hydraulic steering broke shocked

Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 03:56 PM

Whoa. That'll pucker the sphincter. It's amazing they weren't hurt.
Posted By: MANGLER

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 05:40 PM

Dammit man.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 05:46 PM

I wonder which happened first...the steering breaking, or him catching the boat's keel on that wake, causing the boat to hook...thereby breaking the steering?

I'm betting it was the 2nd one.

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 05:50 PM

Says a locknut came loose on the steering in the article

http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2017/01/boating_accident_during_bass_t.html

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: IDOT
Says a locknut came loose on the steering in the article

http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2017/01/boating_accident_during_bass_t.html

Yeah, I read the article. Still skeptical.
Posted By: bankhead

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 06:44 PM

This happened right in front of me and when I turned around to ask if he was okay he told me he hit the wake wrong and was trying to trim down and lost it. They was both shook up but they was both okay. This was right at blast off we hadn't been on pad 5 minutes.
Posted By: Cummins

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 07:55 PM

Glad they made it out okay. Bad stuff there
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/17/17 11:00 PM

We were either lucky or that's not what happened their. We had the nut back off on a long run on wheeler around browns . The driver elbowed me and said I can't turn the boat. He let out slow and set it down. But that's30 second set down took an hour. But after we sat the boat down I found the leak and then we completely lost steering.
Posted By: johndeere5045

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/18/17 07:54 PM

Bank head, glad to hear you turned around. There was several boats that never slowed down. Those boats that didn't stop to help would be in some deep crap if I was on a committee making decisions on that trail. No excuse for not helping a fellow fisherman. Especially college kids!!!!
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/18/17 08:14 PM

Or some jackazz loosen it. High performance Bass boats have dual steering to prevent this. Had it happen while running thru standing timber on TBend yrs ago. wasn't going that fast and didn't get slung out. Partner had to hug the 150 and steer it the rest of the way to the docks. Loc nuts don't come loose.Not helping someone will get you some jail time in TEXAS ! The kill switch saved their azzes, without it boat would have circled and probably hit one of them.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/18/17 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bankhead
This happened right in front of me and when I turned around to ask if he was okay he told me he hit the wake wrong and was trying to trim down and lost it. They was both shook up but they was both okay. This was right at blast off we hadn't been on pad 5 minutes.

Bankhead, did this happen this past weekend when yall were fishing seminole? If so they are very lucky it happened where it did and there were no stumps to get thrown out on top of. As I'm sure you saw when you take off headed south from the boat basin in Bainbridge in some spots there are patches of stumps right next to the channel. When we had our club tournament Sunday I heard one of the guys say that there were 2 lower units knocked off and 4 blown motors.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/18/17 09:41 PM

Man. Respect and concern for others... well. Things reach a new low every year in the bass buster chase.

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/18/17 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: bankhead

And there you go, HB called it.
Posted By: blade

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/18/17 10:59 PM

I can't believe those boats didn't assist.

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/19/17 02:54 AM

When I passed them it took me a second to realize what had happened. At first I thought they was setting down to fish. I couldn't believe nobody else wrecked. While I was prefishing there is a short cut you can run between the main river and a major creek I met a guy I shut down this guy goes by us running 60 through lily pads and never checked up.
Posted By: 20XD

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/19/17 07:51 AM

I have never liked the hydraulic steering on my boat.
You have no feedback through the wheel like you have
with cable steering. It took me a while to get comfortable
with it at higher speeds.

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/19/17 10:57 AM

It happened before you get to the marina in the flint. There wasn't any channel markers where they crashed.

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/23/17 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 20XD
I have never liked the hydraulic steering on my boat.
You have no feedback through the wheel like you have
with cable steering. It took me a while to get comfortable
with it at higher speeds.

I don't ever plan on going back to cable steering. Love my hydraulic. I think the whole "feeling the feedback through the wheel" is highly overrated.
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/23/17 06:21 PM

If you run a bassboat you need to have a transom ladder, especially in colder weather.
Posted By: 20XD

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/24/17 07:36 AM

hunterbuck i'm talking at very high speeds about the feedback. The little corrections are easier for me to feel and make.

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/24/17 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 20XD
hunterbuck i'm talking at very high speeds about the feedback. The little corrections are easier for me to feel and make.

I am too. I've owned various Allisons for the last 15 years (XB02's, XB03's, and an XR02), with anything from a 200 ProMax to a 300 drag on them.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/24/17 10:13 PM

Did he win the tournament ?

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/24/17 10:14 PM

Alabama won with 21 pounds I believe.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Yikes Boat Wreck - 01/28/17 07:13 PM

certainly looked like he bow hooked that boat to me when he crossed that wake....
© 2024 ALDEER.COM