Aldeer.com

Summer 'Gills

Posted By: AC870

Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 06:35 PM

Went fishing this morning before work and caught 23. Got 18 yesterday but had to experiment with the depth yesterday. I'm not a very good bass fisherman so thank God for bluegills. These were some of the prettiest, fattest ones I've seen all year. They don't bite as readily as they did during May and you have to work at it a bit but they're a better quality fish. Got some nice ones about this time last year. Dunno if they're a little older and that's why but it was fun.
Posted By: rich

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 07:16 PM

those are some fine bluegills you got.some fine eating you got.
Posted By: Gulfcoast

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 07:56 PM

I'll drive 10-hours to catch some nice gills... way to go.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 08:08 PM

Nice haul, AC! thumbup
Posted By: David Ellis

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 09:22 PM

My kind of fishing! Great catch.
Posted By: TravisBatey

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 09:48 PM

Don't get much better than that! I might have to catch me a mess of em this weekend.

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 10:31 PM

I'll go once a week or so now until it gets cold. Guy at bait shop told me the other day "You're about the only one still buying crickets." Had an interesting conversation with another fisherman at boat ramp. He was bass fishing before daylight this morning and caught 2 catfish on a Jitterbug. He goes out about 2 or 3 in morning and fishes until about 9 to beat worst of heat, get in some night and day fishing.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 10:42 PM

Nice Haul!

I saw some REAL nice pockets of crappie this evening on the depth finder over on the street bluff. I'm gonna have to investigate that this weekend.

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/20/16 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: IDOT
Nice Haul!

I saw some REAL nice pockets of crappie this evening on the depth finder over on the street bluff. I'm gonna have to investigate that this weekend.

Good luck. Maybe you'll whack em.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/22/16 04:06 PM

I may have to take the boat out this weekend and find some bream. That's some of the best eating to be had.

Under the Kiwanis Pier, there's a spring that pours fresh, cold water into the lake. Back in the 70s, way before the pier was built, that was one of the best summer fishing holes on the lake, especially at night.

I've been told that before the dam was built, lots of Guntersville people got their water from the spring
Posted By: James

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/22/16 07:17 PM

thumbup
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/22/16 07:28 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Stob

Re: Summer 'Gills - 07/22/16 07:33 PM

I been noticing that full moon when I leave for work in the mornings.
My favorite fish.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM