Aldeer.com

We now have hogs!

Posted By: Chancetribe

We now have hogs! - 10/17/14 09:16 PM

We (me, my neighbor, and my 15 year old son) purchased 5 baby hogs. They are a mix of American guinea hogs and Kune Kune hogs. I have heard many different things to feed them, but wondering if there are any that have not been told to us yet. They are still under 6 pounds.

Jeremy
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/17/14 10:29 PM

Pig feed?
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/17/14 11:30 PM

Lead
Posted By: BAMA44

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/18/14 08:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
Lead

rofl
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/18/14 09:16 AM

They will eat absolutely anything. If you could find someone with a fruit vegetable stadium and get the bad stuff you'd be in luck.
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/18/14 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
They will eat absolutely anything. If you could find someone with a fruit vegetable stadium and get the bad stuff you'd be in luck.

I also had a buddy that had an in with a bunny bread store. He would get there bad molded bread once a week. And it was a bunch.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/18/14 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
Lead

lol
Posted By: Ryano

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/20/14 04:13 PM

I have ate a hog that had a lot (majority of its diet)of fruits and vegetables and it was better than any hog I have ever ate. I dont know anything about hogs so it could have been the type of hog or anything else that made the difference. Bread is a good idea also. We get truck loads of it and feed to cows.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: We now have hogs! - 10/23/14 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryano
I have ate a hog that had a lot (majority of its diet)of fruits and vegetables and it was better than any hog I have ever ate. I dont know anything about hogs so it could have been the type of hog or anything else that made the difference. Bread is a good idea also. We get truck loads of it and feed to cows.

What they eat does have a direct effect on the taste of the meat, or at least I believe it does. If I had a couple acre spot of Saw tooth acorns, I would probably fence it off and top a hog out on them every year. The best pork I've ever had was from a wild hog killed in January in a huge tract of hardwoods.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM