Aldeer.com

Ask Aldeer

Posted By: MS_Hunter

Ask Aldeer - 05/23/23 06:57 PM

Came home today and went out to the garden. One of my tomato plants, which is loaded with tomatoes is wilted all to hell. No other plants in the raised beds are wilted. I know it's got something going on with it so I pulled it up before whatever it is could affect any other plants. Any ideas of what it could be?
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Ask Aldeer - 05/23/23 07:14 PM

Do you think it is too much water (root rot) - perhaps look at the base of the plant.

With all of the rain this Spring and although our raised bed garden drains well - I have some concerns about the moisture level in the bed for several of our plants (I am excited about the next 4-days of sunshine).

Hopefully it is not a fungus in the soil - otherwise you may lose your other plants.

Re: Ask Aldeer - 05/23/23 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hunting-231
Do you think it is too much water (root rot) - perhaps look at the base of the plant.

With all of the rain this Spring and although our raised bed garden drains well - I have some concerns about the moisture level in the bed for several of our plants (I am excited about the next 4-days of sunshine).

Hopefully it is not a fungus in the soil - otherwise you may lose your other plants.

Didn't see any evidence of root rot. All my plants are spaced 15" apart in 2 rows and none of the other plants are wilted or show any signs of problems. Obviously something is wrong with it, that's why I went ahead and pulled it up.
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Ask Aldeer - 05/23/23 11:52 PM

I wouldn’t think it was a mineral deficiency.

Re: Ask Aldeer - 05/27/23 05:53 PM

Ok, had another tomato plants go down. I'm guessing it might be blight. Is there anything I can put in the soil to stop all the other plants from being affected?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM