Aldeer.com

New Garden Thoughts

Posted By: NWALJM

New Garden Thoughts - 03/07/23 05:42 PM

If everything goes the way it should, we will be closing on a house April 13th. I will have more room than I've ever previously had for gardening and I'm super excited about that! What are some of you more seasoned gardeners' thoughts on the timing of starting one this year? I'll be behind my usual schedule for spring planting by the time we move in, so I'm not sure what all I would still be able to plant and not have them succumb to heat/pest pressure by the time they reach maturity. Would have to get a soil test and amend soil also. I typically plant tomatoes, squash/zucchini, okra, green beans, and would like to do a block of corn if possible. It may take me till the end of April first of May to get started after we can get moved in and settled a little bit. Am I being too ambitious or should I be ok?
Posted By: The Big Cheese

Re: New Garden Thoughts - 03/07/23 08:02 PM

James Spann says anything after April 15th is good to go.
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: New Garden Thoughts - 03/08/23 12:27 PM

If your in Hartselle and it was me I wouldn’t start any planting until late April with the exception of sweet corn.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: New Garden Thoughts - 03/08/23 03:15 PM

Sounds good, I am. I was mainly concerned about getting stuff in the ground too late, but it sounds like I should be fine.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM