Aldeer.com

Blackberries?

Posted By: Lonster

Blackberries? - 02/24/23 01:00 AM

Okay, I’ve ordered some Arkansas Prime Freedom Blackberries and Caddo Blackberries, they are thornless. Do any of y’all have any of these?
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Blackberries? - 02/24/23 02:03 AM

I’ve got thornless not sure what kind. Looking at them today they single digits temps a few months back may of got them. Hopefully there lived
Posted By: Ol' Skinny

Re: Blackberries? - 02/24/23 01:42 PM

I bought mine from Woody1 here on ALdeer... picking them up this weekend (thornless) I have been very happy with everything that I have purchased from him so far.
Posted By: Antelope08

Re: Blackberries? - 02/24/23 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Paint Rock 00
I’ve got thornless not sure what kind. Looking at them today they single digits temps a few months back may of got them. Hopefully there lived

Same here...I have the thornless also, they are not looking really good now due to the 3 days of freezing temps we had down this way....will see....
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Blackberries? - 02/26/23 01:22 AM

Caddo is a great berry, good size and flavor. Those primocane bearing varieties will give you fits, it gets to hot for them to set a later floricane crop and lose vigor the following year. They’re better suited for out west, one guy I know is trying to grow them as an annual like you would a plastic culture strawberry.
Posted By: Ol' Skinny

Re: Blackberries? - 02/27/23 04:45 PM

Picked up my thornless blackberries from Woody1 (Mrs. Woody1) yesterday afternoon. Was "very" please with the size and color of the plants. Hopefully I'll have them in the ground by the end of the week.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Blackberries? - 03/08/23 09:32 PM

I have thornless too, but not sure on variety. We had wicked cold and I thought it might have gotten them, but they are leafing out like crazy now! Thankful they made it!! My nandina bushes got it though…over 27 years old!
Posted By: blade

Re: Blackberries? - 03/08/23 09:57 PM

Ms Maggie, If you need replacement Nandinas, let me know. We have bushes I know are 60 years old. I didnt know you could hurt them. haha.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Blackberries? - 03/09/23 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by blade
Ms Maggie, If you need replacement Nandinas, let me know. We have bushes I know are 60 years old. I didnt know you could hurt them. haha.

Thanks!
Posted By: grundan

Re: Blackberries? - 03/11/23 07:56 PM

I have a few of the Ouachita, Natchez and another variety from the University of Arkansas.
They are great berries. I still like going and picking some wild berries for some silly reason.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Blackberries? - 03/11/23 11:07 PM

Well I got them in the ground today.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Blackberries? - 03/16/23 08:06 PM

I have about 25 Osage
20 Natchez
10 Navaho
3 Sweet Pie
5 Triple Crown
1 ouichita

I planted most last summer during the heat cause that's when they were on sale.
I have about a dozen More waiting on warm weather to plant.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM