Aldeer.com

Corn to can

Posted By: Turkey_neck

Corn to can - 03/06/21 04:27 AM

What’s everybody’s favorite corn to can? The silver queen was good but not perfect for canning
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Corn to can - 03/06/21 01:31 PM

Any of the the sugar enhanced or triple sweet varieties. I like the RR obsession 2, Pursiut, Aspire, and SV9010. Temptress is a very good conventional variety. Theirs so many choices now. These are some I know that’s excellent sweet corn.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Corn to can - 03/07/21 03:07 AM

I've never canned any but Sweet G90 is fantastic. It's bi-color variety. It freezes well, not sure how it would can. It's a lot like Peaches and Cream but it doesn't blow over easy like Peaches and Cream does.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Corn to can - 03/07/21 03:39 AM

I was told not to can the sweet corn’s was I told wrong?

Re: Corn to can - 03/07/21 11:49 AM

Sure you can. I’m gonna can some this year also. You have to pressure can it. I mocshue a lot of it and vacuum seal and freeze.
Posted By: Frogeye

Re: Corn to can - 03/29/21 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
I've never canned any but Sweet G90 is fantastic. It's bi-color variety. It freezes well, not sure how it would can. It's a lot like Peaches and Cream but it doesn't blow over easy like Peaches and Cream does.

Fur, you said last year it didnt blow over easy. So I planted some, about the 4th time it blowed over, it never stood back up.

Re: Corn to can - 03/29/21 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Frogeye
Originally Posted by FurFlyin

Fur, you said last year it didnt blow over easy. So I planted some, about the 4th time it blowed over, it never stood back up.

How deep did you plant it? Did you hill it? What kinda winds were talking about? Wind and rain at the same time is really hard on corn. It’ll make you wanna puke when you see it all laying on the ground.
Posted By: Frogeye

Re: Corn to can - 03/30/21 11:07 PM

I just planted it, shallow, no hills, real high winds and rain.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM