Aldeer.com

My next gardener is _______

Posted By: FurFlyin

My next gardener is _______ - 06/24/20 01:00 PM

If you’re a gardening nerd, check out my SIL’s new YouTube channel. She started out her career as a horticulturist, now she’s a CRNP. She got furloughed during the Covid crap and was bored and decided to start a YouTube gardening channel where she interviews different gardeners. Her first video was with my mom and dad. Anyway if you’re not a gardening nerd you may not enjoy it. If you like her channel please subscribe. I told her I was gonna make her famous. LOL

https://youtu.be/90CC89Ga6VQ
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/24/20 02:59 PM

Liked and subscribed
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/24/20 03:15 PM

Same

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/24/20 03:36 PM

Cool thanks. She’s videoed one with me and my Purple Martins but she’s gone back to work and hasn’t edited it or got it ready yet
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/26/20 01:43 PM

Watching it now and have subscribed. I really enjoyed the video. Your parents have a very pretty homestead. I really liked the windows on the barn. I have a smaller room built on the back of my garage we call the “cook shed”, it has the same windows and painted the same color of your parents barn.

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 01:08 AM

Thanks. That room on the back of the barn is mommas "plant room." She's got 11,000,000 potted plants that she sits out all over the place during the summer, then she and my dad haul them to that room in the winter. I wish I had before and after pictures of their place. They somehow scrounged up enough money in 1977 to put a down payment on an absolute crap hole of a farm. They didn't have 2 nickels to rub together at that time, but they somehow managed. There's more hard work in that video than most people could possibly imagine.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 01:41 AM

Hard work? People actually do that anymore?

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life

Very few do, but my parents came from nothing and worked for everything they've got. It didn't come easy, it came with lots of sacrifices.
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Originally Posted by Ridge Life

Very few do, but my parents came from nothing and worked for everything they've got. It didn't come easy, it came with lots of sacrifices.

Amen,

I'm glad I came from parents and grandparents that made me work. It had taught me a lot, and worked to earn everything we have. Now I'm instilling this to my boys as well.

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 12:41 PM

Me too
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 02:19 PM

Gardening to grow your own food is hard work but it’s very rewarding work. My wife made the comment a few days ago about the amount of money we save with all the food we’re growing. The best part is unless the grocery store is getting its veggies straight from “farmers”, they taste no where near as good as home grown veggies. I think the money I spent to convert our office into a pantry will be recovered in the amount of food we are able to put up now. I am very proud of what we accomplished so far this year.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 05:51 PM

Liked and subscribed 👍🏻
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 06:41 PM

I am not a gardener, but grew up on a farm and working farms.

I really enjoyed the video, your SIL did a GREAT job - your dad reminds me so much of my grandpa and his knowledge of things that will long be forgotten in our family. You are a blessed man thumbup

I surely miss the days of sitting on my grandparents front porch and watching the garden grow.

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/27/20 07:56 PM

Thanks guys and Hunting 231, I really appreciate the comments.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/28/20 12:28 AM

I did laugh when he said he lays off his row with his 4 wheeler to keep them straight. That’s the same trick I use. thumbup

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 06/28/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by marshmud991

I did laugh when he said he lays off his row with his 4 wheeler to keep them straight. That’s the same trick I use. thumbup

LOL. We've been doing that for a long time. My brother, her and their boys go to LA for Redfish every year. She did an episode with a lady down there that is a master gardener. She does all raised bed stuff.
Posted By: dsmc

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 07/01/20 02:59 PM

Great video!
Liked and subscribed.
Posted By: Bronco75

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 07/02/20 09:13 PM

That's a great video.

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 07/03/20 10:13 AM

Thanks guys
Posted By: mike35549

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 07/04/20 11:01 PM

Hated the garden when I was a kid. Now I can go to work for 10 hours come home and enjoy and hour or two hoeing or tilling in the garden.

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 07/07/20 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by mike35549
Hated the garden when I was a kid. Now I can go to work for 10 hours come home and enjoy and hour or two hoeing or tilling in the garden.

I hated it as a kid too, and haven't got to the point that I would say that I enjoy it now, but I don't hate it anymore.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: My next gardener is _______ - 07/07/20 02:28 PM

when my grandson Dylan was about six told him one morning to come help me in the garden. He said he wanted to play video games. I said no problem, no work in the garden...no eat what the garden grows. He beat me to the garden gate....
© 2024 ALDEER.COM