Aldeer.com

Garden tractors

Posted By: scrubbuck

Garden tractors - 04/25/20 04:44 PM

Let's see some of yalls garden tractor cultivator set ups for hilling, side dressing, etc.. I used to have an old David Bradley walk behind years ago, but can't find anything like it now. It was old and about worn out when I got it 30 years ago.
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Garden tractors - 04/25/20 07:04 PM

Sorry no picture but Dad had a an old school Craftsman (I think) garden tractor with all the attachments. It had a roughly 13-15 hp Tecumseh engine and about 8 gears. It would pull a stump in low and pass kids on bikes in high! Or at least it seemed that way to me when I was 10.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Garden tractors - 04/25/20 08:49 PM

We never had a garden tractor. Always had a tractor. If I was to ever get a garden tractor it would be a Grillo. https://www.earthtools.com/tractors-grillo-index/
Posted By: grundan

Re: Garden tractors - 04/25/20 09:42 PM

I don’t have a tractor, just an older Troy Bilt Horse rear tine. It does a fine job getting the dirt ready. I am think seriously about ordering a wheel hoe from Hoss Tools
https://hosstools.com/product/double-wheel-deal/

They have some good attachments for cultivating and hilling. Seem like good Ol boys, they have a YouTube channel “row by row Garden Show “ good information on there
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Garden tractors - 04/25/20 09:59 PM

140 farmall is hard to beat. I would love to have a kubota 245 offset
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Garden tractors - 04/25/20 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by grundan
I don’t have a tractor, just an older Troy Bilt Horse rear tine. It does a fine job getting the dirt ready. I am think seriously about ordering a wheel hoe from Hoss Tools
https://hosstools.com/product/double-wheel-deal/

They have some good attachments for cultivating and hilling. Seem like good Ol boys, they have a YouTube channel “row by row Garden Show “ good information on there

I think our next investment is going to be the high arch wheel hoe. Want to have it for the fall garden. I’m gonna let them get back to business as usual before we order one. Travis and Greg are good people.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Garden tractors - 04/26/20 12:13 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: blade

Re: Garden tractors - 04/26/20 12:16 AM

I’ll have to have one of those two wheel hoes.
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Garden tractors - 04/26/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by marshmud991
We never had a garden tractor. Always had a tractor. If I was to ever get a garden tractor it would be a Grillo. https://www.earthtools.com/tractors-grillo-index/

Yep BCS makes some fine equipment.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Garden tractors - 04/26/20 02:47 PM

Just a farmall cub from 1963
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Garden tractors - 04/26/20 04:44 PM

super A is a goodun.
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: Garden tractors - 04/26/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jaredhunts
[Linked Image]

slap rofl

This is what my wife makes me use too.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Garden tractors - 04/27/20 01:18 AM

For those of you wanting one of those 2 wheel push plows, you might want to try out a push plow before you drop that kind of coin on one. My grandparents had one, that my parents wound up with and I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. That thing will wear you out in a hurry.

Re: Garden tractors - 04/27/20 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
For those of you wanting one of those 2 wheel push plows, you might want to try out a push plow before you drop that kind of coin on one. My grandparents had one, that my parents wound up with and I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. That thing will wear you out in a hurry.

Im not farmiliar with a pushplow. Does that mean youre the mule and the plowboy?

Re: Garden tractors - 04/27/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77

Im not farmiliar with a pushplow. Does that mean youre the mule and the plowboy?

I googled it, thats backing up a little too much on technological advancedment for my preference. Might work good in a small garden with really loose soil.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Garden tractors - 04/27/20 10:17 PM

I googled it, thats backing up a little too much on technological advancedment for my preference. Might work good in a small garden with really loose soil.

It'll work your arse off. The way I was shown to run one was to pull it backwards, then push forward, pull back, push forward. Your arms will fall off if you do enough of it.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Garden tractors - 04/27/20 10:30 PM

We have an old IH Cub that's got to be 60 years old. Been restored once and runs like a top.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM