Aldeer.com

Might have messed up

Posted By: Joe4majors

Might have messed up - 03/25/20 02:06 AM

I have basically gone to a completely no-till garden for the last couple years and that has been great. Got a wild hair last fall and top seeded with brassicas and crimson clover. It's about time to kill off the cover crop before planting in a few weeks. I want to use glyphosate since it is ground neutral, but I worry it's only going to stunt the clover. I certainly don't want it going to seed. Any other options out there that won't screw up garden planting?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Might have messed up - 03/25/20 09:23 PM

Mow it down as low as you can and let it start growing back and then spray with gly. I’m not sure if gly will kill crimson clover. I’ve always tilled it in. Gonna be hard to no-till with that clover if you can’t kill it. It’s gonna keep growing until it gets hot. I’m going to keep an eye on this thread. Maybe somebody who really knows what they are talking about will point us in the right direction.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Might have messed up - 03/26/20 03:28 AM

I mowed mine down sunday and will turn it under when it dries up a little.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Might have messed up - 03/26/20 12:53 PM

cover it with a silage tarp for a couple of weeks. not much else you can do if you want to stay no till.

edit: mow it first
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Might have messed up - 03/26/20 09:15 PM

The tarp idea sounds promising, after mowing close. I don't really know of a way without turning it under.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Might have messed up - 03/28/20 08:20 PM

With that much biomass, I'd turn it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM