Aldeer.com

Picking collards

Posted By: Geezer

Picking collards - 11/18/19 12:39 PM

Well I didn’t have much to do and have way more collards than I can eat so I pickled a quart just for fun 🤣
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Picking collards - 11/18/19 02:47 PM

Several years ago our local community center had the idea of having a collard festival in the fall. Complete with Boston butts and all the trimmings we were selling plates to improve the center. We got a local truck farmer to plant a bunch of collards, and then the work started. We had two pickups stacked high with collards, then we had to pick them, wash them and cook them. I got so dang tired of collards I lost my appetite for them.
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Picking collards - 11/18/19 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer
Well I didn’t have much to do and have way more collards than I can eat so I pickled a quart just for fun 🤣

Have you tried them yet? I love pickled okra, but I can't say that I have ever had any pickled greens.

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Several years ago our local community center had the idea of having a collard festival in the fall. Complete with Boston butts and all the trimmings we were selling plates to improve the center. We got a local truck farmer to plant a bunch of collards, and then the work started. We had two pickups stacked high with collards, then we had to pick them, wash them and cook them. I got so dang tired of collards I lost my appetite for them.

I love collards, but I can't imagine dealing with that much.

Re: Picking collards - 11/18/19 10:56 PM

Directions say to refrigerate 2 days so will let y’all know tomorrow if you don’t hear from me don’t try it 🤣🙏
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Picking collards - 11/19/19 03:13 AM

Directions say to refrigerate 2 days so will let y’all know tomorrow if you don’t hear from me don’t try it 🤣🙏

Mr. Bobby - I suspect that if we don't hear from you, it will be because you are still sitting on the toilet from eating the pickled greens. thumbup
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Picking collards - 11/19/19 12:42 PM

Bet you gonna staaaank.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Picking collards - 11/19/19 09:33 PM

popcorn
Posted By: CAM

Re: Picking collards - 11/21/19 01:31 PM

rofl

Re: Picking collards - 11/21/19 09:44 PM

Well I carried them to family night supper last night but I don’t guess I had any takers 🙄
Posted By: top cat

Re: Picking collards - 11/21/19 11:42 PM

Did you try them..........??

Re: Picking collards - 11/22/19 01:00 PM

Heck no 🙄

Re: Picking collards - 11/22/19 03:22 PM

Why not? Cant be worse than sour croat.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Picking collards - 11/22/19 07:46 PM

Eat them with pickled quail eggs. thumbup
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Picking collards - 11/27/19 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by jaredhunts

We can't be friends.
Posted By: Runningdeer

Re: Picking collards - 11/27/19 07:04 PM

I'm curious just how different they'd taste from the collards we drown in pepper sauce?

Re: Picking collards - 11/27/19 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Originally Posted by jaredhunts

We can't be friends.

Well dam.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Picking collards - 12/01/19 11:33 PM

I was raised on a farm and we would haul 2-300 bunches to Montgomery every day. After they were cut over a few times they got that pot liquor smell and on those hot summer nights it got bad. In the 60s before A/C the window fan would circulate it through the house all night. They are the only thing I can't eat but I know people love them.

Re: Picking collards - 12/10/19 12:35 PM

Ok the guy that took my quart of pickled collars home told me he is stretching them out for as long as he can because they are so delicious 😋 he made him a salmon sandwich and spread some collars leaves on it and it was out of this world 👏so ?
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Picking collards - 12/10/19 01:10 PM

Mr. Bobby gave me a couple jars of his pickled okra and all I can say is he has the mixture perfect.

Re: Picking collards - 12/10/19 11:15 PM

Ok the guy that took my quart of pickled collars home told me he is stretching them out for as long as he can because they are so delicious 😋 he made him a salmon sandwich and spread some collars leaves on it and it was out of this world 👏so ?

Aw.man, he definitely gonna stank.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM