Aldeer.com

Cattle feed

Posted By: paintrock

Cattle feed - 09/24/19 07:48 AM

I grind most of my feed. This year I lost a resource that I blended along with corn and hay. Is there anywhere in North Bama that the cattle farmers on here use to buy bulk grains. I'm looking for dried distillers, soybean meal, oats...stuff like that. If anyone mixes their own feed, what combinations do you use? TIA
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Cattle feed - 09/24/19 01:02 PM

PM sent
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Cattle feed - 09/24/19 08:43 PM

Ogle Feed: Flintville TN They deliver ANYWHERE. Great guys and pay a premium for your calves.

931-703-1647 Vince

Re: Cattle feed - 09/24/19 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Ogle Feed: Flintville TN They deliver ANYWHERE. Great guys and pay a premium for your calves.

931-703-1647 Vince

Brad you know this guy? I may call him, see how he compares to our reps.

Re: Cattle feed - 09/24/19 11:49 PM

Yes, I know all 3 of them, very well. Timmy is the dad, Jessie and Vince are the sons. My brother and I call them the Duck Dynasty of Cow Feed. It would be worth it for y'all to buy feed from them just to get the premium on your calves.

You won't beat the quality of their feed for the price.

Re: Cattle feed - 09/25/19 02:11 AM

Thanks

Re: Cattle feed - 09/25/19 07:40 AM

Thanks

Re: Cattle feed - 09/25/19 11:38 AM

I should have mentioned that they only sell bulk feed, not bagged feed. They do sell minerals in bags and will deliver them with the feed.

Re: Cattle feed - 09/26/19 09:17 AM

Thanks again. I am looking to buy in bulk. I'm going to give Ogle a call and compare prices along with the place out past hen nest curve in asbury called Quality Custom Feeds. The guy I talked to at QCF may give me the hook-up on corn gluton to mix with my other stuff. He has some jam-up 50lb bag feed that is $8 a bag if you get in a tight and need some. It's better than beef pellets and cheaper than tractor supply sweet feed junk and no tax.

Re: Cattle feed - 09/28/19 04:17 AM

The number that I posted is Jessie's cell number. I don't know if he'll answer it or not if he doesn't know the number. If any of y'all call it and can't get him, let me know and I'll find their store number.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Cattle feed - 09/28/19 09:56 PM

What is their feed mixture amd percentages Brad? Care to tell what you pay per ton delivered? I'm think I'm gonna get out of the cow/calf buisness and start raising and backgrounding feeders. Pm me if you want to.

Re: Cattle feed - 09/28/19 10:14 PM

They have a bunch of ratios that they make. I've bought feed from them, but it's been a year or so ago. I don't remember the price. We work on their trucks and trailers. That's how I got to know them so well.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Cattle feed - 09/28/19 11:27 PM

10-4
© 2024 ALDEER.COM