Aldeer.com

Pea experiment

Posted By: marshmud991

Pea experiment - 07/07/19 08:48 AM

I planted 2 rows each of purple hulls and black eyes on elevated beds like I did the corn to see how they would grow. It would let me double the amount of production in the garden. Looks like it’s going good so far. Purple hulls to the left and black eyes center. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Geezer

Re: Pea experiment - 07/07/19 11:14 AM

How are you keeping the grass out πŸ€”
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Pea experiment - 07/07/19 04:16 PM

We keep grass out of our peas until cledodim (grassout). Works good on all broad lead veggies that we have tried it in.

Re: Pea experiment - 07/07/19 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer

I put down pendimethalin(preemerge herbicide) preplant and incorporate it into the soil. If I get any escapes before canopy, I use clethodim for grass and basagran for broadleaf and sedge control.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Pea experiment - 07/07/19 08:37 PM

I used grassout a week or so ago on my watermelons which had grown up. It rained pretty good about 45min after I sprayed them. I figured it probably washed it off. I went over there yesterday and the grass was starting to turn yellow and the watermelons was finally overtaking the grass. I also use grassout on my chufa. I like the results ive had with it so far. Cant tell it has hurt anything except the grass.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Pea experiment - 07/07/19 08:45 PM

Son!! THAT looks GREAT!!! Well done!
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Pea experiment - 07/08/19 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by marshmud991

I put down pendimethalin(preemerge herbicide) preplant and incorporate it into the soil. If I get any escapes before canopy, I use clethodim for grass and basagran for broadleaf and sedge control.

What rate do you apply the basagran? I tried it on peas last year and it killed them stone cold dead

Re: Pea experiment - 07/08/19 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by ronfromramer
Originally Posted by marshmud991

What rate do you apply the basagran? I tried it on peas last year and it killed them stone cold dead

1oz per gal and 1oz of crop oil. It burns the tips of the leaves a little bit grows out of it in about a week. Did you spray young plants?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM