Aldeer.com

Tomato

Posted By: twaldrop4

Tomato - 06/25/19 01:11 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What’s wrong with this tomato. The 2 next to it are bigger and putting out tomatoes. This one isn’t
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Tomato - 06/25/19 11:27 AM

I got one that looks like that but it’s producing. Not sure why it’s had plenty calcium and fertilizer
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Tomato - 06/25/19 09:30 PM

It looks like a blight, I would cull it. I've got one doing the same. The others are thriving and putting on lots of fruit. This one looks stunted and has like one fruit. Probably gonna pull it.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Tomato - 06/25/19 10:19 PM

Looks like early blight to me. Get some Mancozeb.

Useful info: https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/tomato-diseases-disorders/
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Tomato - 06/26/19 11:13 AM

Bacterial spot first pic, leaf mold second pic. I am pretty certain. Diagnosing plant diseases is fun!

Let em ride, all tomatoes will succumb to diseases in these conditions (hot and humid). If everyone was to pull plants at the first sign of disease no one would have tomatoes. Just throw the plant material out and don't let it sit in the garden when it's fully done.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Tomato - 06/27/19 05:46 PM

Trim the sucker stems off, especially the ones close to the dirt. I had 2 plants early on that had some bad stuff on bottom stems. Trimmed it all off and seems to be gone for now. That was a few weeks back
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Tomato - 06/27/19 08:18 PM

The problem is watering in close proximity of other plants and spread of disease. Mine are in buckets so I "quarantined" it. It's slowly taking over the plant. Has one fruit on it and it looks pretty good surprisingly. I must have missed it before.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM