Aldeer.com

Planted my garden last weekend!

Posted By: jaredhunts

Planted my garden last weekend! - 04/14/19 05:47 PM

I even pulled a string to make the rows nice and straight.
Most of it is breaking the ground today. That's a nice feeling. Still have a few rows of peas and corn to plant. Sowing seed by hand is great but a good planter is in my future.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Planted my garden last weekend! - 04/14/19 07:21 PM

Last time I planted rows of stuff I took a piece of 3/4" pvc and taped the top part of a water bottle on it and just walked down the rows dropping the seed in the seed bed where I wanted them. Worked OK.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Planted my garden last weekend! - 04/14/19 09:35 PM

I'm early and behind...I planted some watermelons mid March and they are coming up great. This is by far the earliest I've started watermelons. I should have a few ready by the 4th of July. Got 4 tomato plants growing really good . May plant a few more.
Still got to get squash, peppers and cucumbers planted. I haven't even got dirt turned for my corn and peas yet but its been sprayed and ready to go. Hate I've been missing all this rain.

Re: Planted my garden last weekend! - 04/15/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Last time I planted rows of stuff I took a piece of 3/4" pvc and taped the top part of a water bottle on it and just walked down the rows dropping the seed in the seed bed where I wanted them. Worked OK.

Beats bending over and dropping seeds. I may give that a try.

Re: Planted my garden last weekend! - 04/15/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
I'm early and behind...I planted some watermelons mid March and they are coming up great. This is by far the earliest I've started watermelons. I should have a few ready by the 4th of July. Got 4 tomato plants growing really good . May plant a few more.
Still got to get squash, peppers and cucumbers planted. I haven't even got dirt turned for my corn and peas yet but its been sprayed and ready to go. Hate I've been missing all this rain.

I plan on putting a good melon patch together this week.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Planted my garden last weekend! - 04/17/19 04:40 PM

Finally get to have a garden again after getting rid of my goats. Hoping to get something in my raised beds this weekend. Transplanted a few strawberry bushes last weekend.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM