Aldeer.com

Garden startup time

Posted By: Halfrack

Garden startup time - 02/11/19 04:33 AM

When is the best time to start working on a garden?
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Garden startup time - 02/12/19 02:19 AM

I started last week. Got most everything tilled up and trying to get it to dry a little. Depending on how much rain we get tonight, I'm gonna put some potatoes in the ground tomorrow. The I got set up for them is finally dry enough to plant. I'm hoping to get some lime and fertilizer down next week and get the rows made for the corn. I would like to get the first round of corn in at the beginning of March. Got the tomatoe seed in the containers inside. Should see some sprouts soon. Also running new water lines to the new garden areas to furnish the drip systems. Lots of things to keep me busy while waiting for this years rice fields to dry up so we can work them up.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Garden startup time - 02/12/19 04:12 AM

I've been dumping ash on some areas of my garden over the last couple weeks. plan on spreading some lime this week. might get a wild hair and clean my chicken coop out and spread it. I gly twice before turning it up around the end of March.
Posted By: Halfrack

Re: Garden startup time - 02/12/19 03:57 PM

Thanks fellows,gf wants a little garden this year so been thinking about starting one.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM