Aldeer.com

bee question - pesticides

Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

bee question - pesticides - 08/25/18 10:57 AM

I am hoping to try my hand at bees next spring, and the place where I would keep my hive(s) is beside a small field I usually plant for the deer. So if I spray it with gly in a few weeks, will it be dangerous to bees in the spring? I would be interested to hear from any of you guys as to what you do (safely) around your bees. Thanks.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: bee question - pesticides - 08/25/18 11:45 AM

Shouldn't hurt a thing, the gly will be long gone and it is a herbicide and not a insecticide.
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: bee question - pesticides - 08/25/18 01:15 PM

I use it around my hives never an issue.
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: bee question - pesticides - 08/26/18 02:22 AM

Thats good to hear. Thanks!
Posted By: Wade

Re: bee question - pesticides - 08/26/18 02:34 AM

I spray the grass around the bottom of my hives with glyphosphate. No issues at all with dead bees. I even mix pymethrin or bifenthrin in for hive beetle larvae control about every third or spraying.

My bees are located at my parents sod farm. I need to spray the sod for grub worms next weekend. There is nothing blooming in the sod grass so I’m really hoping I don’t impact the bees. I will just have to watch the wind direction.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: bee question - pesticides - 08/26/18 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wade
I spray the grass around the bottom of my hives with glyphosphate. No issues at all with dead bees. I even mix pymethrin or bifenthrin in for hive beetle larvae control about every third or spraying.

My bees are located at my parents sod farm. I need to spray the sod for grub worms next weekend. There is nothing blooming in the sod grass so I’m really hoping I don’t impact the bees. I will just have to watch the wind direction.

Spray late in the evening and drape a wet bed sheet over the hives. If you're gonna use Sevin 80, it won't take much to kill the piss outta your bees.

You can spray around your hives with roundup while bees are in them. Won't hurt a thing.
Posted By: Wade

Re: bee question - pesticides - 09/04/18 03:12 AM

I think I pulled it off Brad. Sprayed Carbaryl Saturday for grubs. I chickened out and skipped to a 100 yards from the hives. Had a good wind direction all day. Everything looked good today and I will check again on Friday.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: bee question - pesticides - 09/08/18 03:53 AM

thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM