Aldeer.com

Rain

Posted By: Geezer

Rain - 05/16/18 11:36 AM

Got a little rain yesterday Praying 🙏 for more today
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 12:03 PM

Still got a big ol' fat NADA at my place...keeping my fingers crossed, though.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 12:10 PM

got a little yesterday evening/night. Need more.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 01:24 PM

Barely a sprinkle at the house, hoping for a shower today.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 01:37 PM

Got a good soaking last night.

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 02:09 PM

What a disappointment, so far...they should name this system "Jeff Sessions".
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 02:32 PM

Nothing for me yet.. I got 7 more trees put in the ground in anticipation of it coming. It showered west, east and south of me.. Im glad I at least watered em in after planting.

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rmart30
Nothing for me yet.. I got 7 more trees put in the ground in anticipation of it coming. It showered west, east and south of me.. Im glad I at least watered em in after planting.

water em in good and at least once a week all summer. Bigger trees can handle the dry weather but it will kill new trees.

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by Rmart30

water em in good and at least once a week all summer. Bigger trees can handle the dry weather but it will kill new trees.

Im giving em my best effort. Ive got new plantings this yr in 3 counties.
These last few I bought some of the water holding crystals and am giving them a try.

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 04:35 PM

That's about right...rained up to within a few hundred yards of the house, then retreated and dissipated.

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 09:51 PM

DOA I had to go to Destin this morning and coming home this afternoon it looked like it was coming a storm at the house, it was less than 1/10th inch.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 11:14 PM

No rain for 3 + weeks here

Re: Rain - 05/16/18 11:52 PM

raing like an ARK storm in downtown Bham, nothing here in north Bibb.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 02:02 AM

raing like an ARK storm in downtown Bham, nothing here in north Bibb.

Was a very impressive lightning show on the way home from church, but no rain in Lake View. Finally starting some big drops here though.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 05:28 AM

Still nothing at the house.
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 05:41 AM

Outflow boundry just kicked off a bunch of rain for Autauga county.... Hope the final numbers look good at dawn.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 10:54 AM

well I used an old Indian trick and left the lid to my tool box open and left my boots on the porch. Got about 2" last night. Now to find my boot dryer.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 11:09 AM

The rain only got to within about 5 miles of the house this morning, before it dissipated. If I was home, I'd try Shiloh's old Indian trick...

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 12:04 PM

rained hard last night bout 9pm, don't know how much, I went o bed at 10 still raining.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by DEADorALIVE
The rain only got to within about 5 miles of the house this morning, before it dissipated. If I was home, I'd try Shiloh's old Indian trick...

well if it hasn't rained by the time you get back just roll your truck windows down and go inside . That normally works within an hour or so.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 01:07 PM

3/4" in A'ville last night. Western 2/3 of the county (Autauga) received very good rain. That 3/4" was one of the lowest totals in that area but I'll take it!

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 01:54 PM

Nah...I'll have someone just turn on the irrigation system for a coupla hours long before then, if it doesn't rain. smile

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 01:58 PM

Went a watered 10 of mine yesterday. While doing it had wind , thunder and rain all around but none at my place.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 05:40 PM

Nah...I'll have someone just turn on the irrigation system for a coupla hours long before then, if it doesn't rain. smile

sure way to make it rain an hour after you turn it off.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 10:17 PM

sure way to make it rain an hour after you turn it off.

I was hoping thats what would happen with my watering but not yet.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 10:41 PM

Got 3/4" today, at least that will get the peas out of the ground.

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 10:47 PM

I got at least an inch, maybe more.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Rain - 05/17/18 11:50 PM

You know you have to wash cars, mow the yard, and leave expensive things that should not get wet outside to make it rain.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Rain - 05/18/18 12:43 AM

Rained here today.

Re: Rain - 05/18/18 05:18 AM

Did finally pickup .48" sometime around dark...that much again in the next day or so would mean the irrigation doesn't have to run this week, but my chance of rain and forecast accumulations are rapidly collapsing for the rest of the week...I try to make sure they get a minimum of 1" per week.

Re: Rain - 05/19/18 07:24 AM

ahhh...picked up just over an inch tonight, so we're good for the next week! smile

Re: Rain - 05/19/18 01:17 PM

Just before I went to bed at 10:15 last night I looked at the radar and nothing. Within 10 minutes it thundered and started pouring rain. I think we had close to 3" last night., so about 4 1/2" in the past two days.

Re: Rain - 05/19/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Just before I went to bed at 10:15 last night I looked at the radar and nothing. Within 10 minutes it thundered and started pouring rain. I think we had close to 3" last night., so about 4 1/2" in the past two days.

I remember a couple years ago a little pin prick of a storm popped up in the middle of the night over Lowndes. It didn't move or dissipate for hours. Something like 3 or 4 square miles had flash flooding warnings and the rest of the county never got a drop or clouds for that matter. Strange stuff.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Rain - 05/19/18 09:14 PM

We had an inch and three quarters day before yesterday and it has spit rain off and on today - East of Tuscaloosa.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM