Aldeer.com

Online sites for plants and seeds

Posted By: Rmart30

Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/15/18 04:51 PM

If ya'll havent seen them before ck out Gurneys.com and also StarkBros.com .. they will mail ya free catalogs off the site.

They have a wide variety of things not seen locally. Stark bros has persimmons that are reported to be sweet their whole time.
Mix and match different blueberry bushes for maturity dates from early june to august.

Anyone else seen any good online sites to ck out?
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/15/18 06:02 PM

I've ordered from southern seed exchange. I'm about to order some extra watermelon seed from them as well as some Georgia candy stick seed which I highly recommend trying out. it makes the best pie you ever ate ! some what like pumpkin pie.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/15/18 08:22 PM

Call me old fashion but Burpee has been my standard go to.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/15/18 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie123
Call me old fashion but Burpee has been my standard go to.

old fashion...
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/16/18 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rmart30
Stark bros has persimmons that are reported to be sweet their whole time.

Ichi Ki Kei Jiro is the name of the persimmon that's sweet throughout its' ripening.
I put a single Fuyu persimmon in my orchard...only one because I've never tasted a sweet persimmon, so once it fruits, if I like it I'll add more, and the "Itchy" will likely be one of them.

I've put a buncha trees from Stark Bros in my orchard...mostly apples, the rest of them were mostly locally sourced, and some came from fastgrowingtrees.com
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/16/18 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by DEADorALIVE
Originally Posted by Rmart30
Stark bros has persimmons that are reported to be sweet their whole time.

Ichi Ki Kei Jiro is the name of the persimmon that's sweet throughout its' ripening.
I put a single Fuyu persimmon in my orchard...only one because I've never tasted a sweet persimmon, so once it fruits, if I like it I'll add more, and the "Itchy" will likely be one of them.

I've put a buncha trees from Stark Bros in my orchard...mostly apples, the rest of them were mostly locally sourced, and some came from fastgrowingtrees.com

How have your apples done? I have stayed away from peaches and apples. Had a peach i tried once that was already established when I bought my house, but it was full time keeping the birds and worms off it and finally gave up. I remember my grandfather growing apple trees. I think he fed more worms and yellow jackets than anything with them.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/16/18 03:42 AM

The trees are doing well...too young to be in fruit, yet, but they do bloom and sometimes set some fruit...all of which, to this point, I've pruned off in the interest of letting the tree establish and mature a little more. If they set fruit next season, I'll let it mature, if it will.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Online sites for plants and seeds - 04/16/18 03:36 PM

I ordered some seed from Park seed this year. Good on-line selection on about anything. I wanted some of the Star of David okra and ended up getting some Silver Queen okra seed also.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM