Aldeer.com

Going to need 2 nucs

Posted By: HappyHunter

Going to need 2 nucs - 01/05/18 10:03 PM

I will be looking for two nucs this spring. I have the woodenware and frames so I can just swap out frames. Looking for North Alabama area, but can travel for good bees.
Posted By: Dustin

Re: Going to need 2 nucs - 01/05/18 11:26 PM

where exactly in north bama?
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: Going to need 2 nucs - 01/06/18 09:02 AM

Huntsville area or I guess within an hour any direction. Maybe a little further. I get my woodenware in Tn although this year I am going to try a guy near Decatur.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Going to need 2 nucs - 01/06/18 09:24 AM

What in the cornbread hell is a nuc?
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Going to need 2 nucs - 01/06/18 09:32 AM

Nucs, or nucleus colonies, are small honey bee colonies created from larger colonies. The term refers both to the smaller size box and the colony of honeybees within it. The name is derived from the fact that a nuc hive is centered on a queen, the nucleus of the honey bee colony.

youtubes and more information can be found by searching honeybee nucs. Hope this helps.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Going to need 2 nucs - 01/06/18 12:44 PM

I should have some. That is if they haven't all starved to death in this extreme cold. I was due to feed them about the time this hit and didn't have any warm days to get the feed on them. I will check them Wednesday when it's warm and will know for sure.
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Going to need 2 nucs - 01/06/18 08:10 PM

FF,
Good luck. Has been cold down here in SE Alabama but not as hard hit as you folks in North Alabama. Think I had left enough honey on all but two news hives from late swarms but still added a super around about 8 pounds of sugar (Mountain Camp)4 weeks ago on all our hives. Plan to do OAV treatment this week and check all of them again. Hope your hives do well.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM