Aldeer.com

Squash Bugs

Posted By: NWALJM

Squash Bugs - 06/26/17 11:30 AM

The dang stink bugs/squash bugs have already claimed one of my plants. I have a zucchini and a yellow squash plant still surviving. I've taken off all the eggs I could find, Sevin dusted the crap out of them and put out diamataceous earth.

Anything else I can do?
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: Squash Bugs - 06/28/17 06:39 AM

I had 3 squash plants that early on were covered in little squash, but then the bugs arrived and quickly killed all of them. So, what should I plan to do differently next year?

Re: Squash Bugs - 06/28/17 10:38 AM

Update on the 2 remaining plants (1 zucchini, 1 summer squash):

I removed all the eggs I could see on the leaves, pulled up the 1 plant that was already too far gone, sprayed the crap out of them with Sevin Spray, and put out diatomaceous earth powder all around the bases of the plants and around the edge of my garden bed.

So far the 2 remaining plants are greening and perking back up and have blossoms and squash growing. Hopefully this has been the remedy.
Posted By: Turkeyboy

Re: Squash Bugs - 07/10/17 11:47 AM

Spraying with liquid sevin didn't stop them . I "squash " them 2-3 times a day and scrape eggs. Also pull any plant that dies.

Re: Squash Bugs - 07/10/17 02:24 PM

My success so far has been diatomaceous earth, after I killed all bugs I saw and removed eggs. I put a border around my plants and around the edge of the garden. No more squash bugs.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM