Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 03:50 PM

It died a painful death
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 03:53 PM

Looks like some bastagae worm stole your maters

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 03:59 PM

Already picked those. But I killed 1 yesterday and 1 today. They both suffered!
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 04:04 PM

Hornworm. If you have chickens, they'll be your best friends if you toss it to them!
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 04:51 PM

Hornworm for sure...wait till you see one where a wasp has laid eggs on the top!! Sevin dust is your friend!

Get a handle on them quick and search your plants well, because generally speaking where there is one there are more. Look for the round poop droppings on the leaves of the plant. Yank those suckers off and dust your plants!! They can denude a plant in one night if you get a bad infestation.

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Maggie123
Hornworm for sure...wait till you see one where a wasp has laid eggs on the top!! Sevin dust is your friend!

Get a handle on them quick and search your plants well, because generally speaking where there is one there are more. Look for the round poop droppings on the leaves of the plant. Yank those suckers off and dust your plants!! They can denude a plant in one night if you get a bad infestation.

Thanks Maggie. I haven't sprayed in a week or so because of the rain. Hopefully it wont rain tomorrow and I`ll spray them down. Looked mighty hard yesterday and today. Only found the 2 so far.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 06:23 PM

The little ones are almost impossible to see.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 06:35 PM

look at night with a good flashlight, far easier to see and they are out at night
Posted By: Stob

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 07:46 PM

chickens wont eat em ,must be nasty.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 08:49 PM

Bt liquid, and DE. Hope you eradicated those things.

Re: WTF is this? - 06/13/17 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Stob
chickens wont eat em ,must be nasty.
\
My chickens eat 'em up!
Posted By: 300gr

Re: WTF is this? - 06/14/17 12:02 PM

If you see leaves that have been eaten and little black specs on the ground then you have tomato worms
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: WTF is this? - 06/14/17 06:34 PM

THE ENEMY!
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: WTF is this? - 06/14/17 07:31 PM

fish bait
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: WTF is this? - 06/15/17 06:03 AM

Hornworms always freak me out a little

Re: WTF is this? - 06/15/17 09:59 AM

it's your tomato plants worst nightmare....eaten alive by a worm!!!! Kap em all.

Re: WTF is this? - 06/15/17 11:04 AM

Didn't see any.more yesterday. Hopefully there was only the 2.
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: WTF is this? - 06/15/17 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: MS_Hunter
rofl they will be back

Re: WTF is this? - 06/15/17 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: birdcarver
rofl they will be back

I`m ready for them
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: WTF is this? - 06/15/17 09:50 PM

Had a few of those last year. In 2 days they destroyed several mater plants.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: WTF is this? - 06/18/17 04:34 PM

I spray with malathion, those things will strip your tomato plants in short order

Re: WTF is this? - 06/19/17 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: ronfromramer
I spray with malathion, those things will strip your tomato plants in short order

As in...overnight!

Re: WTF is this? - 06/19/17 10:09 AM

Haven't seen any more besides those 2. Been looking hard every day.

Re: WTF is this? - 06/20/17 01:21 AM

Keep watching. As soon as there's a gap in your prevention/eradication plan, they'll be back!

Re: WTF is this? - 06/20/17 07:36 PM

Found some yesterday. They were really small but suffered the same fate as the others. Sprayed everything down really good yesterday so hopefully they are back under control for now.
Posted By: ts1979flh

Re: WTF is this? - 06/23/17 09:32 AM

Found some yesterday. They were really small but suffered the same fate as the others. Sprayed everything down really good yesterday so hopefully they are back under control for now.

I found some on mine yesterday. I've got to spray as soon as this weather breaks.

Re: WTF is this? - 06/23/17 09:56 AM

I fought the damn army worms last year but didn't have any of these green bastards. Haven't seen a army worn yet this year.
Posted By: Huntinman

Re: WTF is this? - 06/23/17 10:23 AM

What is the best option for a pesticide on tomato plants for hornworms that is as pet safe as it can get?

Re: WTF is this? - 06/23/17 10:47 AM

BT, much safer than Malathion on edibles

Re: WTF is this? - 07/04/17 06:47 PM

Apparently they like bell pepper plants as well as tomato plants.

Re: WTF is this? - 07/05/17 09:16 AM

My hubby told me he had worms on his peppers and tomatoes in his little garden. Being color blind, it is really hard for him to see the little bastids. I went with him to his garden and found the biggest freaking horn worm on his bell pepper plant I have ever seen! It was as big as a cigar!!!!!! A big cigar!!! Freaked me right the flip out....

Re: WTF is this? - 07/05/17 09:43 AM

they will get on the peppers also, treat plants with BT

Re: WTF is this? - 07/05/17 02:08 PM

My hubby told me he had worms on his peppers and tomatoes in his little garden. Being color blind, it is really hard for him to see the little bastids. I went with him to his garden and found the biggest freaking horn worm on his bell pepper plant I have ever seen! It was as big as a cigar!!!!!! A big cigar!!! Freaked me right the flip out....

Yeah, the one I found on the bell pepper plant was WAY bigger than the ones I found on the tomato plants. And to top that off the damn wasp had a nest under on of the leaves so I had to deal with them as I was getting that big green bastard off the plant.
Posted By: Geno

Re: WTF is this? - 07/05/17 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
fish bait

^^
Posted By: Geno

Re: WTF is this? - 07/05/17 08:38 PM

That's at least one big old catfish. They're tough so you may catch three or four with him.

Re: WTF is this? - 07/07/17 06:45 AM

Found a big one on a tomato plant I have in my flower bed yesterday. Son of a gun ate the only tomato I had on it!! It is a late plant and just bearing so hopefully more tomatoes to come. That big green bugger is dead now.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM