Aldeer.com

Fuyu or Asian Persimmon

Posted By: crenshawco

Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/19/17 07:10 AM

I'm about to plant some type of fruit tree in my yard, and I was looking at these. Have any of y'all ever had one of these? How do they do in AL? This is not for deer or anything like that. It's more ornamental and just for me. I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/19/17 07:17 AM

We have two Asian Persimmon trees that do very well. They are messy unless you pick the fruit and draw lots of stinging critters when blooming and to the actual fruit. We generally leave the fruit for wildlife to eat but I always eat a couple because they are so sweet when picked timely.

Good luck!
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/19/17 07:19 AM

there are a lot of good looking trees that don't drop a mess in the yard. I'd say no.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/19/17 09:01 AM

We bought 2 Fuyu's from The Wildlife Group and enjoyed the fruit enough to buy 6 more. That being said, they are part of an orchard that is 200 yards from our house, so fruit falling is not an eyesore or mess. I haven't noticed them drawing wasps or yellow jackets, at least not as bad as figs. Deer love them, too.
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/19/17 01:21 PM

I have both. Like them both. Asian is messy eating but Fuyu is great and not messy. Like eating an apple. I'd rather have the fuyu if I had to pic just one.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/21/17 10:13 PM

I have one that is several years old that hasn't produced anything. I have had others that are already producing. Should I cut it down or will it ever produce?
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/22/17 11:44 AM

Where can I buy some large fuyu trees to plant?
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/22/17 03:59 PM

The Wildlife Group in Tuskegee.
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Fuyu or Asian Persimmon - 04/22/17 05:42 PM

Isn't a Fuyu an Asian persimmon? Is there a cultivar called Asian?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM