Aldeer.com

Package Bee Update

Posted By: Wade

Package Bee Update - 04/17/17 06:00 PM

Just wanted to update everyone on 2 packages I installed last month. I tried putting one in a deep box and the other in a medium box, just to see if it made any difference in starting a new hive. No difference but both are doing very well. I had to add a second super last week to the medium and had to add the second super to the deep box this weekend. They were all the way out to the last frames on both sides.

Old hives are adding new comb and honey. I think I messed around and let my old hive at the farm swarm because there did not appear to be as many bees in the hive as a few weeks ago. Oh well...

My hive in the neighborhood swarmed too, but, apparently they liked the swarm trap because it is was getting a lot of attention on Saturday. I will move them to the farm this Friday.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Package Bee Update - 04/18/17 08:37 AM

Good deal Wade. I've noticed those Frost bees are a little on the swarmy side. They keep trying and I keep breaking up their party. I'm gonna miss one before it's over with though. I'm in equipment building mode right now, which should have been done last fall. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM