Aldeer.com

Barb wire fence

Posted By: countryjwh

Barb wire fence - 04/03/17 02:07 PM

Need 5 wire fence ran for horses. Power pole for corners and support with t post. Any recommendations for mobile county. What's the going price to run. I just ain't got time. I started but that's it. Probably three acres.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/03/17 09:23 PM

My recommendation is to not use power poles for the corners unless they are really old creosote or the newer green colored treatment. The ones that are whitish/light tan looking won't last long enough to use. I had to replace some that hadn't been in the ground longer than 5 years.

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/04/17 07:25 AM

These are the really old ones. I have cross ties available too. What do you think about them.

On a side not. Got the bees moved in there more home. Queen looked great and seem to be happy. Gonna check em in a few days again
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/04/17 11:25 AM

A tight dress is like a barb wire fence
It protects the premises without restricting the view.
Posted By: .308

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/04/17 11:42 AM

I fenced 30 something acres using cross ties & t posts. They should out live me.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/04/17 12:17 PM

If I had to build a fence and was using T-post I'd go get me one of these.

Dang I used to dream about stuff like this when I was younger! I used one of these about this time last year. Had the generator and compressor in the back of the truck. Stood on the tailgate and put some post in the ground in a hurry.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/04/17 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: countryjwh
Need 5 wire fence ran for horses. Power pole for corners and support with t post. Any recommendations for mobile county. What's the going price to run. I just ain't got time. I started but that's it. Probably three acres.

Josh Turner 2517698360. Builds barns, fences, houses etc.

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/04/17 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: k bush

This Elton turners cousin?
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/26/17 09:04 PM

You don't need 5 wires to keep a horse in. You can keep them in with 3.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/26/17 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: k bush

This Elton turners cousin?

Don't know.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Barb wire fence - 04/27/17 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: doekiller
You don't need 5 wires to keep a horse in. You can keep them in with 3.

Well on the plus side if he gets rid of the hay burners and gets some beef 5 wire will hold them to and he wouldnt have to change the fence up. I usually run 6 strand barb wire for cattle, i started doing this after me and my grandpaw ran 5 strand for years and had issues with cows pushing calves under the bottom wire. So now i run a 6 strand fence with the bottom strand about 3"-5" off the ground. Its help alot seems like when the cow pushs the calf into a barb they stand up and move instead of sliding on out.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM