Aldeer.com

Squash bugs

Posted By: fedex

Squash bugs - 03/31/17 08:56 AM

Last couple of years my squash getting bugs in my roots and they start rotting and dying used seven dust regular but no help any ideas??
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Squash bugs - 03/31/17 06:24 PM

I have never had a problem with them, so someone who grows squash is likely to give you a better answer. Early detection is the best thing with treatment after discovery. Neem oil spray is a good organic spray but seven should work too. Lots of recommended suggestions on trapping the bugs too with boards, shingles and card board laid beside the plants in your garden over night and bugs discarded in the morning. Hope you get it worked out!

We have a neighbor who gives us so much squash that about half way through the summer we basically hide when we see him coming!!! LOL
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Squash bugs - 03/31/17 09:52 PM

There was a post about this last year. See if I can find it.
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Squash bugs - 04/01/17 07:37 AM

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1756373&page=1

Maybe this.
Posted By: Peanut Man

Re: Squash bugs - 04/02/17 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: fedex
Last couple of years my squash getting bugs in my roots and they start rotting and dying used seven dust regular but no help any ideas??
it sounds like your problem is the squash vine borer. They are in the ground and bore into the stalk and kill the plant that way. The squash bug adult looks like a leaf footed bug. They lay a clutch of orange eggs on the underside of the leaf. The nymphs are smaller and white in color. Both are bad. I ust quit growing squash.
Posted By: BassCat

Re: Squash bugs - 04/13/17 03:05 PM

I've been battling them for years. Every year in fact. Last year I kept them off the longest by putting seven dust on them seems like once a week. Eventually they get into and kill the plants.

Wish I knew a better way.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM