Aldeer.com

stud dog

Posted By: Hunt4Jesus

stud dog - 07/16/14 10:43 AM

i have a yellow male registered. He is 12 and Im looking to breed him, he is in good shape. I was told from a breeder that he could possibly do it. Anyone have a yellow female that is registered. We live in biloxi, ms. We want a pup before he gets to old or passes.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: stud dog - 07/16/14 02:38 PM

Ok man, it begs the question. You've had a decade to stud him out. Why now?

Dr. B
Posted By: BrentM

Re: stud dog - 07/16/14 03:06 PM

I would imagine that he thinks highly of his dog and has decided that he wants a pup from him before he gets too old or passes away. Just a wild guess smile
Posted By: Hunt4Jesus

Re: stud dog - 07/16/14 03:20 PM

Yep he is an inside dog, prolly one of the better duck dogs I've seen. Just an awesome companion. My son keeps asking for a puppy and I'd love to see him live on through our family. He is getting up there and slowly issues start coming about.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: stud dog - 07/17/14 02:03 PM

Good deal. Best of luck!
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: stud dog - 07/23/14 11:43 AM

Or maybe he never had any and the clock is ticking. I have a chocolate male that is 14 and he is in that same boat too, but I have had him fixed, so he cant reproduce. If he could, I would love to have one of his pups before he left this world.
Posted By: laidback

Re: stud dog - 07/24/14 07:32 AM

You are going to be hard put to find someone with a nice female that will breed to him. First at 12 if it even takes the puppy count would probably be low. Have you had any genetic testing done? You might find a nice yard lab that would breed.

I assume you are wanting yellow pups. You could breed to a black female that was yellow factored and get some yellow pups. Just because you bred to a yellow female doesn't mean you will get all yellow pups. I bred my yellow female to a black male and got 4 yellow pups and 2 black pups the first litter.The second litter I bred to the same male and got all black pups. The litter I just had both sire and dam are black and I got 9 black puppies and 1 yellow.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: stud dog - 07/26/14 06:40 AM

Good Luck brother! I tried the same thing and decided it would be best just to buy my own female and have her bred later.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: stud dog - 08/05/14 02:07 PM

If you breed you full-blooded yellow male to a full-blooded yellow female then you should get 100% yellow puppies, from what I have read that is the only color possible.

Lonster
Posted By: laidback

Re: stud dog - 08/05/14 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Lonster
If you breed you full-blooded yellow male to a full-blooded yellow female then you should get 100% yellow puppies, from what I have read that is the only color possible.

Lonster

This is true. Where were you when we trained last weekend?
Posted By: MTeague

Re: stud dog - 08/07/14 09:59 PM

I've got a yellow lab. She isn't registered and i've never really messed with her (hunting wise) Let me know if you're interested
Posted By: Lonster

Re: stud dog - 08/08/14 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: laidback
Originally Posted By: Lonster

Lonster

This is true. Where were you when we trained last weekend?

I was out of town and didn't get back home in time to train, I tried but was delayed because of rain (I was riding my motorcycle).

Lonster
© 2024 ALDEER.COM