Aldeer.com

Lab acl

Posted By: twaldrop4

Lab acl - 07/13/22 02:41 AM

My 9 year old lab has somehow torn both ACLs. He’s pretty much lame at this point. Vet wants 6k to repair and said with his age that the recovery and arthritis could set in and really not improve him much. He’s very active and in very good shape. Do I have any other options but I don’t know that I can spend 6k on it
Posted By: hitek

Re: Lab acl - 07/13/22 07:28 PM

My dog had surgery years ago and Catoma Animal Clinic (was Little's at the time) in Cullman was about 1/2 the price of everywhere else.
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Lab acl - 07/13/22 08:43 PM

Sorry, that is a tough situation.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Lab acl - 07/14/22 01:52 PM

Thats a tough one to answer, not many options in between that i know of.
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Lab acl - 07/15/22 12:18 PM

Not sure how to do it but…….Check with Auburn they had a program where vets taught students with surgery’s and rehab. You still paid for the service but not as much. I have no idea how it works. Or how to apply.
Posted By: Jtd

Re: Lab acl - 07/17/22 08:27 PM

I would call goerge County vet. In lucedale Mississippi. Will not find anyone cheaper and I have always had great success with them.
Posted By: laidback

Re: Lab acl - 07/19/22 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jtd
I would call goerge County vet. In lucedale Mississippi. Will not find anyone cheaper and I have always had great success with them.

I think this is the place a friend sent his dog and the cost was way less than the usual. He guaranteed his work. I want to say it was less than $1000.

Re: Lab acl - 07/20/22 08:19 AM

I appreciate input, the dog is seemingly doing better on some meds. This has been the weirdest thing I have dealt with with a dog. I’m not sure what to think, the vet said both ACLs were torn. We gave him some meds to help with the pain and he started moving around, found a tick on him and pulled it and he started getting better. It’s got me wondering if it was the tick all along and if so why in the world would the vet say it was both ACLs. It’s really confusing but he’s seems to be almost back to normal and I guess that’s all that matters.
Posted By: laidback

Re: Lab acl - 07/21/22 01:00 AM

I’d be looking for a new vet if he told me both acl’s were torn and they weren’t.

Re: Lab acl - 07/21/22 10:54 AM

Lol. Already found one
Posted By: redgineer

Re: Lab acl - 07/24/22 08:13 PM

If my dog has a tick anywhere on him, he will scratch and chew until his paws are bleeding and he's covered in bald spots. Not sure if your dog's issue is tick related, but they can cause severe reactions in some dogs.

That is one hell of a misdiagnosis from your former vet. Many people would put the dog down after hearing that.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Lab acl - 07/25/22 02:29 PM

The dog still acting normal post tick removal?

Re: Lab acl - 07/26/22 02:49 AM

He’s good man. He hasn’t had any meds in a week or so and he’s acting like nothing ever happened. His favorite thing to do is catfish and he’s back to bringing them home so I’m pretty sure he’s feeling pretty much normal.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM