Aldeer.com

Black mouth curs

Posted By: twaldrop4

Black mouth curs - 06/20/22 11:41 PM

I’m searching around for a new dog to track a little with I’m looking at the black mouth curs. Anyone have experience and know of a reputable breeder
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Black mouth curs - 06/21/22 03:44 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: Black mouth curs - 06/21/22 09:08 PM

givens blackmouth curs in north georgia ... she is on instagram ...
Posted By: CNC

Re: Black mouth curs - 07/04/22 02:28 PM

My last dog I got is female black mouth.....she's 1 1/2 now. Fair warning that if they are all like mine then be prepared for a very head strong dog that is determined to do what they want to do.....I think she's gonna end up making a great tracking dog but man has she got a strong will to do it her way. I'm still trying to get her to walk on a leash correctly without pulling as hard as she can to go faster or go check something out that she wants to sniff instead of staying with me, etc.....
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Black mouth curs - 07/04/22 06:34 PM

I got a male. He’s only 9 weeks but so far he is a stubborn sucker. Seems to be a really sweet dog just stubborn and I’m pretty sure he can bark 1000 times a minute.

Re: Black mouth curs - 07/04/22 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4
I got a male. He’s only 9 weeks but so far he is a stubborn sucker. Seems to be a really sweet dog just stubborn and I’m pretty sure he can bark 1000 times a minute.

Yep, mines just like that too..... She's also pretty high strung. She doesnt really like strangers when folks come around either. She doesnt get truly aggressive like she's gonna bite them or anything but she'll dang sure make folks take a step back and wonder about it.

Re: Black mouth curs - 07/04/22 08:12 PM

Whats funny about it is that even though she’s high strung and has trouble controlling her excitement…….she’s ran training tracks more patiently that any dog I’ve had yet…….With my other dogs, once they figured out there was a treat at the end of the trail, they would want to just immediately take off looking for the prize as soon as they smelled the first spot of blood. Lu-lu doesn’t do that though. She seems to be infatuated with smells and wants to take the time to inspect each one…..so she usually just slowly progresses her training tracks without ever really getting in a hurry. She also doesn’t hesitate to nose frisk you when you come home with new smells on your clothes or shoes. She definitely doesnt have any concept of “personal space” either because she’ll barge right in and stick her nose up against my leg intently checking me up and down
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Black mouth curs - 07/04/22 10:54 PM

Y'all beginning to get it them black mouths are very friendly but at the same very protective. Your space and there space is the same they a lil hard headed.im fairly certain myale dog has a hit list of people he will bite I know of one if he ever gets a chance he will tear up
I wouldn't take nothing for neither one of mine best dogs I ever had and not just for tracking
© 2024 ALDEER.COM