Aldeer.com

ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker

Posted By: snakebit

ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 07/27/20 03:52 PM

Just seeing if anyone on here is familiar with someone with this breed.
Posted By: MR3391

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 07/27/20 11:40 PM

I’ve had both. Main difference to me is the size. Springer is taller and will be10 to 15lbs heavier.
Posted By: low wall

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 08/04/20 01:02 PM

The American Cocker and the English don't have a lot in common anymore. I've never been around Americans.

I'm supposed to pick up a field bred English Cocker puppy Saturday. This will be my second, as my 11-year-old is getting a little stiff.
As the previous post said, an English Cocker is basically a small Springer. I've been on a dove field with 5-6 Cockers working, and they are a blast to watch. The quail plantations will keep one on the wagon as a retriever/flushing dog for singles.
Wonderful personality. Work all day, and wants to curl up on your lap at night. Not a kennel dog. Wants to be part of the family. Very biddable, trains best with positive reinforcement. If you get one out the field bred lines, they are fairly high energy. I still walk mine 3-4 miles every morning. He also sits in a deer stand with me and watches deer., then does a pretty good job tracking. My brother has sent his after ducks, but with a 25-35 lb body weight, I'd be careful of putting one in cold water too much.
There tend to be a good many of those dogs with breeders in S GA/SE AL, as the plantations have been using them for a good many years now. Emily Williams at Kinchafonee Kennels has bred a lot of good ones. Rex Clark at High Log Creek has a British bred stud that is in demand, and usually knows where some good litters will be.

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 08/09/20 12:58 AM

Just picked up my 7-week old. Dog came out of Albany GA.
Rode home curled up against me on the front seat of the truck for 3 hours.
I'm hoping he'll be special. Very alert, self confident, but not hyper.
Of equal importance, the old dog seems to get along with him.
Posted By: snakebit

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 08/11/20 03:42 PM

Where did you get yours low wall

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 08/11/20 06:40 PM

Breeder named Bill Bowles, around Albany. Dam is named Caspie. I found him through the sire, out of Hurtsboro. I think both parents were straight British stock.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 08/17/20 03:20 PM

Agree with Low Wall's comments. I have a Field Bred English Cocker, Lemon/White Roan, from Kinchofoonee stock. They breed great dogs.

http://www.englishcockerspanielsinatlantaga.com

They are the hard working dogs and still a great pet in the house. But; when in the field or at the park they are all business. People at the dog park are amazed at Abbey's endless energy and obedience. No comparison to American Cockers. They have an amazing nose, love the water and are very smart. She has helped find a couple of deer, for me. Be prepared to get them plenty of work. I like the size of the dog; mine is a large female at 32-34lbs.
As LW stated the do NOT respond to a firm hand or yelling. Praise and treats and you got a friend. When a pup; hide the socks and the TP!
We have really enjoyed ours immensely

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: MorningAir

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 08/20/20 12:43 AM

Snakebit I just sent you a pm about an upcoming litter of English. They are out of the Emily Williams bloodline mentioned in this thread.
Posted By: MoonDog

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 08/20/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by MorningAir
Snakebit I just sent you a pm about an upcoming litter of English. They are out of the Emily Williams bloodline mentioned in this thread.

I have the dam and sire that ole MorningAir mentioned above. I've had this bloodline for over 15 years and you won't find any better in my opinion. I have several references from reputable hunting plantations, as well as just regular ole pet owners. I should have puppies on the ground in about 4 weeks. Shoot me a PM if you have questions.

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 10/07/20 06:05 PM

I hunted a field Sunday with 5 of those dogs working. They are a lot of fun to watch. They won't take a long cast like a lab, but if you get them somewhere in the vicinity, they'll work a section of cover until they find the bird.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 10/07/20 06:30 PM

Yep; tons of energy, some people refer to them as " pocket rockets"
Posted By: MoonDog

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 10/15/20 02:05 PM

I currently have 4 females and 4 males that are 4 weeks old. If anyone is interested, please PM me or call at 706 773-6363.
Posted By: casper36092

Re: ISO Cocker Spaniel or English Cocker - 10/19/20 06:19 PM

sent you a text. can you send me pics and info about puppies to 334/799/5653
© 2024 ALDEER.COM