Aldeer.com

Coyotes beat us to this one

Posted By: Dano

Coyotes beat us to this one - 01/03/20 09:11 PM

This was a find I believe the 1st or 2nd weekend of bow season. Hunter knew it was a gut shot and I agreed to meet them the next morning. We unloaded and got to the shot sight and there was very little blood but Ada took off out the greenfield and into one of the worst greenbriar thickets I have ever seen, there was no way we could get through it being early season. We decide to walk around and find an easier path, when we do which was not much easier Ada went to the same spot in there and we all agreed to trudge forward and started finding remnants of deer here and there. I began to worry the coyotes may have drug this deer in every direction. We would walk and find a piece of hide, then some guts, then some meat, and then we walked into where they drug this buck it was like a murder scene. Luckily the coyotes didnt take the horns. It was the hunters 1st bowkill.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 01/04/20 01:43 AM

Cool. Man them coyotes work fast.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/14/20 03:57 AM

Why shoot a buck that young
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/14/20 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by inatree

Um.....because the hunter wasn't under any requirement to please YOU? I killed a button buck this year knowing it was a button head because it was the last light of the last day of season and I needed one more deer for summer sausage. Not an Alabama deer though if that makes you feel better.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/14/20 12:36 PM

slap Maybe they should check with you first.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/14/20 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stob

slap Maybe they should check with you first.

🤣
Posted By: hammerhead

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/14/20 10:52 PM

Not that it matters why someone would shoot that buck, but...

It was the hunters 1st bowkill

Now, if it was your property he was hunting, or he was your guest in a club, then you could say what he could/couldn't shoot. But, he wasn't hunting your property nor was he your guest, so you have absolutely no say in what he shoots
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/15/20 01:55 PM

Why make a reply like that? slap

Even though you or even myself may not would shoot a buck that young, it is really none of our business what another hunter does.

Unless it is on our property or in our club where there are rules or standards that were not met.

We need to learn as hunters that we should not force our own standards on others.

That young buck may very well have been the best deer that hunter had ever killed.

The eye of the beholder determines the trophy.

Great job on the recovery Dana and Ada even though the yotes got to him first. thumbup
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/18/20 05:38 PM

Those black gloves....
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/19/20 01:54 AM

Im like uncle ted. If hes happy with it so am i.any deer killed with a bow is a accomplishment
Posted By: 280REM

Re: Coyotes beat us to this one - 02/19/20 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by JayHook2
Those black gloves....

and black faces!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM