Aldeer.com

Gotta brag a lil

Posted By: Ar1220

Gotta brag a lil - 11/12/19 05:17 PM

I don't wanna step on cnc's Chronicles with my own but I am gone brag a lil on my dog and my buddies dog
My dog is a black mouth cur that's 15 months old my buddies dog is a blue Lacy of the same age we hauled these 2 to Indiana with us this past weekend to get them on some live tracks cause we knew we would kill .
First afternoon I shot a doe and she stepped about the time I sent it and that moved the impact back about 11-13 inches (guts) we let her lay for 5 hours and put the dogs in her and off we go we jumped her from a bed and kept pushing her and that ole doe did everything but pull a knife on them dogs trying to shake them she crossed water made a big loop a small loop a couple back tracks but they worked it out.its was there longest and toughest track there we did have to punt and restart a couple times i Bagan to question myself after the fact of weather it was us as handlers that were wrong when we would restart after we would loose the blood for lil ways
Did a track on one and she got into the river on us
Sunday morning I shot another big doe and got the shoulder blade on the shot I thought I was right in the boiler room but I was actually forward about 3 inches blood trail was plenty to work without a dog but that was why we got them was to use so off we go
Over the weekend we did 4 tracks with 2 recoveries ,1 in the river and one that we determined was non lethal mostly likely single lung.
But I couldn't more proud of them dogs and watching them work and getting the staisfaction of dragging liver and hide and feet all summer is paying off.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/12/19 07:46 PM

awesome.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/12/19 07:52 PM

Cool!......Dude, post all the stories up you want to....There's plenty of room for more tracking stories. thumbup

On those gut hits you'll have to give them 10-12 hrs if you don't want to deal with live deer like that. You may still get up on them alive even after that amount of time but they're usually a lot weaker by then.

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/12/19 08:36 PM

I understand the wait on the gut hit but there all u recover is a pile of bones coyotes are awful up there we have had deer ate up within 2; hours by them dang things

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/13/19 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ar1220
I understand the wait on the gut hit but there all u recover is a pile of bones coyotes are awful up there we have had deer ate up within 2; hours by them dang things

It's a hard call to make in that situation....It's almost damned if do, damned if you don't.....

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/13/19 02:30 AM

Yes sir Exactly and I will also say deer ain't the only thing that grows bigger up there them dang yotes are huge
My buddy shot a doe up there last year and from the shot till we started tracking it was one hour and we ran the coyotes off of it when we found her she ran about 75 yds and piled up

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/13/19 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ar1220
Yes sir Exactly and I will also say deer ain't the only thing that grows bigger up there them dang yotes are huge
My buddy shot a doe up there last year and from the shot till we started tracking it was one hour and we ran the coyotes off of it when we found her she ran about 75 yds and piled up

It seems to be worse on some properties than others for sure. I think some of the areas with more open type habitat tend to put the deer at a little bit of a disadvantage when their cover becomes fragmented. Yotes pretty much just have to go check the "thickets" and they know where to hunt so they're making runs by those hot spots every night probably
Posted By: volfan

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/19/19 02:17 AM

What is bloodline is your BMC?

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/19/19 12:49 PM

He's a ladner dog got him from Curt ladner
Posted By: volfan

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/19/19 11:07 PM

Good dogs,we raised Ladner curs for several years

Re: Gotta brag a lil - 11/20/19 12:28 AM

He's making a good one