Aldeer.com

swimmers ear/yeast infection cures

Posted By: red neck richie

swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 08/27/19 12:30 AM

I have a yellow lab that loves the water like all good labs do.The problem is she get water in her ears and they have been turning into yeast infections. Anyone have a cure or remedy to prevent this?
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 08/27/19 04:02 PM

I am not a vet but the purple stuff worked for my dog. Just dose her ears whenever she swims. http://www.jlsdals.com/PURPLESTUFF.pdf

I find all the stuff needed at the pharmacy but substitute witch hazel for the isopropyl alcohol.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 08/27/19 05:06 PM

Consult your veterinarian. Water isn't the only factor of yeast infections. I have dogs I see all the time for ear infections that the closest they get to water is the water bowl. Many more factors at play.
Posted By: volfan

Re: swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 08/30/19 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by odocoileus
Consult your veterinarian. Water isn't the only factor of yeast infections. I have dogs I see all the time for ear infections that the closest they get to water is the water bowl. Many more factors at play.

x2
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 09/23/19 01:54 AM

Keeping them clean and drying them out after water work is decent preventative, in many cases
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 09/24/19 08:58 PM

My vet solved our Boykin's swimmer ear problems with an eardrop mixture he calls BCD. Includes Batril (1.5c) 100mg/ml, Conofite Lotion, Dexamethazone (7cc) 2mg, and Propylene Glycol 5.5 cc. Then top off bottle with a little Micazole Lotion 1%. A few drops in each ear after a long swim or about once a month for preventive. It totally eliminated her ear problems. We keep it on hand and use it faithfully now.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 09/25/19 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by WildlifeBiologist
My vet solved our Boykin's swimmer ear problems

my boykin gets it bad during the summer at the lake
Posted By: Mully

Re: swimmers ear/yeast infection cures - 09/25/19 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by bama1971
Originally Posted by WildlifeBiologist
My vet solved our Boykin's swimmer ear problems

my boykin gets it bad during the summer at the lake

My our vet can give us some of this solution! Fortunately my boykin doesnt have terrible ears. About twice a year or so but Zymox OTIC clears it up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM