Aldeer.com

Dog kennel drain

Posted By: Dano

Dog kennel drain - 01/04/19 01:42 AM

With the addition of my new bearded beast coming soon. I am thinking of drainage for my kennel. Currently I have rubber mat flooring which is easier to clean and not as expensive as concrete pad. I am wanting to build a drain to get the water away when I pressure wash it out. I am thinking cut 6in PVC pipe in half and use it bedded with sack crate. Anybody ever done this? Wanting to run the water into a drum and into a field line to keep standing water to minimum. I will scoop out poop.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Dog kennel drain - 01/05/19 03:48 AM

I did something similar but instead of cutting PVC in half, I just formed the concrete with a trough built
In the back. I had some slope running from front to back of pad, formed it with a 2x4” laying flat across the back and inset 4” to keep concrete from cracking on the very back. The PVC will work fine, but it will be easier just to form the pad like you want it ahead of time while you are pouring
Posted By: Cynical

Re: Dog kennel drain - 01/06/19 03:35 PM

My kennels have a thin wall pvc split and formed into the concrete,sloping downhill. Works good. I have not yet put a drum septic tank on it, but will. The dogs have doors so they go outside into the run to do their business, so it’s mostly hair and dog food that gets sprayed out.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM